Zjerre
Re: xcgal scrolling thumbs
  • 2005/1/13 23:38

• Zjerre

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/9/6 1

The result is that the thumbs are cut off: in stead of crossing the right border the pics are still aligned at the same position in the scroll block but the peace that normally crosses the border of the block is chopped off. The thumbs finally stay in the block, but are not centered en chopped off...

But thanks for the suggestions anyway.

BEARsaysPLAY

My findings exactly Zjerre.

Thanks for trying to work this out trip, I appreciate it.

Peekay
  • 2005/1/14 0:43

• Peekay

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/11/20

I agree with tripmon that the script 'center' value is significant. Don't know what the two zero values do.

On the DIV effort, equal padding seems to improve things in IE. The amount to use I suppose really depends on the block width minus the thumbnail width. Often it's just a case of getting the maths right. With XOOPS default theme I found this looks passable in Firefox and IE, but IE is mis-aligned.

<div style="height: <{$block.wh}>px; width: 100%; padding: 5px 15px 5px 15px">

Peekay
  • 2005/1/14 20:48

• Peekay

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/11/20

O.k. This works (for me) in Firefox (Mac and PC) with a few themes that I have, in a *left* block. Puts the thumbs in the centre both vertically and horizontally. Basically just added a para tag to the anchor with a margin offset.

function initScrollerObjs() {

scroller1 = new scrollerObj(0,0,125,<{$block.wh}>,"center","holder");
 <{foreach 
item=pic from=$block.pics}>

scroller1.addItem('<p style="margin-left: 32px"><a href="<{$xoops_url}>/modules/xcgal/<{$pic.link_tgt}>"><{$pic.image}></a><br /><{$pic.caption}></p>');
 <{/foreach}>
scroller1.create();

I also un-checked 'Show captions' in the template setup screen and changed the placeholder DIV back to it's original state:

<div style="height: <{$block.wh}>px; width: 100%"><div id="holder"></div>
</
div>

Best I can do I'm afraid (to be honest, I'm tempted to turn the bloody thing off!)

Third edit (sigh) It seems to work in a *right* block too, but unlike the left block which seems pretty much the same from theme to theme, in the right block it depends on the theme whether it works or not. Looks roughly right for example in phpkaos. Must be down to how the theme designer creates this column - DIVs or tables or both?. Also the scroller will invade the centre of the screen if you re-size the window, but this would happen anyway.

Sorry to say but, left block looks like a good place to put this!

Seafar
  • 2006/3/14 21:08

• Seafar

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/9/3 0

This has been an old problem since you all have been talking with in January, 2005. Anyway, may I contribute a bit experience here around?

This problem can be solved by change the leftblock or rightblock where you placed the scrolling block. Change the style.css file for

.body {text-align: left;}
to
/*.body {text-align: left;}*/
would cancel the function of tract the contents to the left side of any html table. Therefore, set the content to text-align:left would works well for the scrolling block.

vixensjlin
  • 2007/2/17 4:43

• vixensjlin

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/8/23

I had the exact problem, and found it is associated with certain themes. In the the style.css of the theme, I chaged the width setting of the left/right column from pix to %, it greatly improved and worked in both IE and Mozilla.

For example:

Quote:
td#leftcolumn {
width: 170px;
border-right: solid 1px #cccccc;
}

change to

Quote:
td#leftcolumn {
width: 14%;
border-right: solid 1px #cccccc;
}

Login

Who's Online

170 user(s) are online (104 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 170

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits