brothertheo
Show calendar entries by group? Odd request
  • 2007/2/4 6:27

• brothertheo

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/2/4 6

Does anyone know if any of the calendar modules allow you to set the visibility of events based on a group's access level?

example: I have client 1, and client 2. I enter an event in my calendar, and would then choose if the event is viewable by all, client 1, or client 2.

So far the calendar products I've used or read the docs for don't seem to have this capability. Either users have the ability to see all events, or the calendar is hidden from them on the group level, but I haven't seen a way to make individual events only viewable to specific groups/clients.

The only workaround I can see at the moment is to install two different calendar modules and tag each one as being visible to only one client, but that can get messy after you have to install more than a couple of modules.

Anyway, if anyone knows of a calendar module that I've overlooked that can do this I'd much appreciate it.

Edit: Closed - After further investigation I discovered a feature in piCal that I hadn't noticed before that lets me do just this. Don't know why I didn't see it before.

Login

Who's Online

398 user(s) are online (108 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 398

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Aug 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits