damage
Gunmetal issues in Firefox and Opera
  • 2007/1/10 12:06

• damage

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/6/9 8

This is the website: www.singletonstreetmachines.com.au

Basically the only thing modified in the Gunmetal theme is the links and names for top buttons, and size is set to 100% instead of the setting for 800x600 (well that is all I can remember doing ;p)

If is far from finished but my main concern it looks close to right only in IE7 not Opera or Firefox, the 100% isn't working in either nor does the top buttons images looking the way they are meant to, check it in IE to compare.

How do I fix the banner so it is shown in each page instead of just the main page? I know this isn't the themes fault, saves me posting everywhere.

So please feel free to flame me about it, Gunmetal theme was only chosen because our car club contains many different brands of cars so Red (General Motors Holden Australia main colour) and Blue (Ford worldwide) are out for main colour scheme, I can fix things if I have the time (normally limited, the norm work, cranky wife, kids and car club stuff ) but it would take a lot of trial and error (limited knowledge with php and Xoops).

If someone helps me out with I did wrong I might end up using this theme on another website, thanks in advance for any replies.

To save registering to check it out further just use the user name "Standard" for basic registered user look or "Xoopspert" for most of what a Webmaster etc can see(without admin rights), both user names use the same password of "xoops", all without the quotes of course

damage
Re: Gunmetal issues in Firefox and Opera
  • 2007/1/10 12:09

• damage

• Just popping in

Also how do I fix the welcome etc bar at the top when logging on etc it is white with white writing, for the life of me I have checked and can not find anything, probably because I don't have a clue what it is called.

BDW
  • 2007/1/10 13:34

• BDW

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2002/9/28

Hi there

Regarding the width of your site, within your CSS file you will need to edit the widths for:

.head_top
.head_buttons
.head_table
.body_table

As they are set to 780px, which give those tables fixed width.

I havent got time at the moment to help you with the other stuff (family business) but will take a look when I get back and see if I can help.

BDW
  • 2007/1/10 13:37

• BDW

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2002/9/28

Just done a quick check for your login text

Find .head_top in your CSS file and add

color: #000000;

That should give you black text

damage
  • 2007/1/11 9:59

• damage

• Just popping in

Thank you, will look right now.

Will_H
  • 2007/1/11 12:13

• Will_H

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/10/10

Well, this is my theme, and I would be happy to take a look at it for you.

If you would send me a copy of what you have so far. I will fix it up and send it back to ya.

biteronboard (AT) gmail (DOT) com

Most of your issues are because of the width change.

Basically you just have to re-adjust the table widths throughout the theme.

Now for the top navbar. To maintain xhtml validation each button needed to own its own imageset. Basically you would just need to create a styleNN.css and give firefox a "background-image: url(images/x.jpg)" style instead of "bg-image..." I am pretty sure this is the case. Like I said though I would be happy to fix it for you.

damage
  • 2007/1/11 12:52

• damage

• Just popping in

Thank you, just starting to get the gist of some of the differences between Gunmetal styleNN.css and style.css, I edited the styleNN.css to slightly fix the buttons by copy and paste, but it still doesn't work like IE, but at least looks a bit better.

I will try to email it to you a lot later today.

I really don't know enough about this stuff, it looks inefficient having download a heap of images that are exactly the same, except for the name just for the buttons, LOL even if it only adds up to roughly 8k.

BTW I love the theme, I am trying Joomla onhttp://www.forcedfords.com/joomla/, the admin etc is much better but it is another learning curve I don't have time for and it is hard finding "free" good looking themes (I want the good looking theme before adding content, so if this theme ends up looking for what I want, I will XOOPS that site too, it has been a while since I have done anything to it, I should really close it down until it is all working.

Will_H
  • 2007/1/11 21:32

• Will_H

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/10/10

I am not quite sure where you downloaded that copy of the theme. Picassa.ini was not part of the original zip.

Anyway.

I sent you the new copy, hopefully all of your concerns were addressed. I also took the liberty of adjusting some things I hadn't noticed before.

Enjoy

damage
  • 2007/1/13 1:46

• damage

• Just popping in

Originally downloaded from a link at this site, I don't however know how long ago and where is actually came from.

Thanks for the changes, it works a treat

I will have a look at the style sheets later to try to learn what had to be changed Maybe one day I might be able to work out what look I want and actually be able to created it from scratch.

Login

Who's Online

151 user(s) are online (94 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 151

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits