mitchems
How doe sFrozen bubble know the game is over?
  • 2007/1/9 20:29

• mitchems

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/7/28

I am porting a new java game to XOOPS - like frozen bubble. It works and runs in the system and installs, but I can't figure out how XOOPS knows that the games is over. It appear to run update.php and redirect to highscores.php. I'd like to do something similiar. Anyone know how XOOPS knows that the java game (frozen bubble) is done?

Thanks.

mitchems
Re: How doe sFrozen bubble know the game is over?
  • 2007/1/9 20:44

• mitchems

• Just popping in

Aha! I figured it out. Ok, I had to decompile the Java to do it - bad me! But it appears that there are two methods that are called within HighscoreManger.class that sends the scores directly to update.php on the GET line. Guess some more Java mods will be necessary for my new game.

mitchems
Re: How doe sFrozen bubble know the game is over?
  • 2007/1/10 18:39

• mitchems

• Just popping in

OK, I changed the applet to include a "ShowDocument" call within the Java. This seems to work erractically. It takes a little while to work sometimes. Once it works the document I "show" is the update.php with the parameter: update.php?score=120 (or whatever). The update.php inserts a record into the database and redirects to highscores.php by using Header("Location: highscores.php");

The problem that I am having (other than the erratic java ShowDocument() method) is that when I call the update.php from the applet, it doesn't run. If I call it directly it runs perfectly. Can't figure it out. Anyone have similiar experiences?

Thanks.

Login

Who's Online

460 user(s) are online (69 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 460

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits