_zeph_
Signing up to mailinglist module?
  • 2007/1/5 10:53

• _zeph_

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/1/5 1

Hey!

Maybe I don't get it all quite yet, but I've tried to find a module (or block) that would provide a possibility for any anonymous visitor to sign up for a newsletter only by providing their e-mail, and possibly their name... Then from admin the possibility to send an email to all that have signed up...

Is there anything like that, or is the only solution to use the member sign up thing...?

Mithrandir
Re: Signing up to mailinglist module?

When making SmartMail we considered anonymous signup to mailing lists and found that it was a big hazzle managing both anonymous users (identified by email) and registered users (identified by user ID) so we made the signup require a registration. This also makes for a better service for subscribers to multiple newsletters, who can manage all their subscriptions from one single place.

However, registration has been integrated with the signup procedure, so it is as unobtrusive as possible.
"When you can flatten entire cities at a whim, a tendency towards quiet reflection and seeing-things-from-the-other-fellow's-point-of-view is seldom necessary."

Cusix Software

tmreg
Re: Signing up to mailinglist module?
  • 2007/1/5 16:26

• tmreg

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2006/7/20

I have been using the evennews module for that with some success for my church's weekly newsletter on their site. A slight modification to the sign up form allows anonymous sign up to the mail list by providing only an e-mail address and thir name and you can send the newsletter via e-mail to the list. Hope that helps.
-Matt

Login

Who's Online

141 user(s) are online (114 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 141

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits