BadAngler
rw-banner ads in the footer?
  • 2007/1/4 21:22

• BadAngler

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/11/28

Hi,

I've been using the rw-banner module for a while and would now like to add an ad in the footer. I've got ads on the left and right and in the masthead but I cannot get an ad in the footer. Whether using a custom tag or the default <{$rw_banner>} I get nothing added. i was hoping someone else has this working.

TIA, BA

BDW
Re: rw-banner ads in the footer?
  • 2007/1/8 10:13

• BDW

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2002/9/28

Hi There

I actually dont think you can put it into your XOOPS footer, but you can put it above or below your footer by putting the smarty code for the banner within the theme (which I think is the best way since you dont have to hack the XOOPS core).

Go to your theme folder and edit theme.html

find:

<{$xoops_footer}>

Now where you place it is up to you and it all depends on whether its nested in tables aswell. You might wanna place it outside the td or table that the XOOPS footer tag is in. Also, you should also notice that the RW_Banner that will be placed here will not be centered in IE. This is down to the coding within RW_Banner itself (although IE needs to start being more standards compliant).

Also, remember before doing it turn on "Check templates for modifications ?" so that changes take place.

Login

Who's Online

122 user(s) are online (91 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 122

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits