crobledo
Incorporating MediaWiki
  • 2006/12/20 18:59

• crobledo

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/12/20

Hello,

I'm new to exploring Xoops, and am mainly considering it as our intranet CMS because it appears to integrate with MediaWiki (which is what we've been using the past 6 months to run an internal wiki on our intranet).

Is there any way for me to go about integrating an already fully functional MediaWiki installation and database with Xoops? Or do I need to install your appropriate MediaWiki module and then export my data to a new database?

Also.... I'd love to see other examples of XOOPS sites running the MediaWiki module, but am not finding many.

Thanks,
Colleen Robledo

tcnet
Re: Incorporating MediaWiki
  • 2006/12/20 20:05

• tcnet

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2006/5/12

Hi Colleen,

Phppp's Mediwiki module uses the same db tables as wikimedia but with a new prefix. It is just a matter of exporting your Wiki tables into your XOOPS db and renaming them. See this thread https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=51815&forum=4&post_id=228607#forumpost228607.
You may have some issues with usernames, as an xo. prefix is added in the XOOPS module. If you are registering everyone in XOOPS, then this should not be a problem.

Sound Engineering Wiki here.

Welcome to XOOPS!

Login

Who's Online

468 user(s) are online (62 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 468

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits