kenjimori
tagging and/or category keyword
  • 2006/8/23 14:46

• kenjimori

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/8/22

I wonder if XOOPS is capable of tagging and/or categoy keyword such ashttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tags? Very much appreciated if you'd give me some guideline. Also very helpful if you'd suggest how to implement tag cloud feature along with it.

mustangv8
Re: tagging and/or category keyword
  • 2006/12/20 16:33

• mustangv8

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/1/16

I have the wordpress module for the news section of my site and installed a tag cloud plugin found at wordpress.org.
You can see how it works here: tag cloud.
Each article also displays its own tags linking to related articles.
This is a great option for big sites to have all pages indexed by search engines. The proof can be seen in the forum at Wordpress.org
If some developpers see this message, this would be a very important tool if it could be integrated in other modules like the forum, links or news.

wizanda
  • 2006/12/20 16:48

• wizanda

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/3/21

Am I missing something or have you noticed Article does this, Xpress says it does in latest version, Wiwimod does, CBB is soon to....all using the Tag Module...or is there something extra you were meaning?

mustangv8
  • 2006/12/20 18:01

• mustangv8

• Just popping in

Sorry. What I called wordpress module is in fact the Xpress one but I didn't find any information about the other modules you are talking about. Maybe I am not doing the right search query.

wizanda
  • 2006/12/20 18:15

• wizanda

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/3/21

Wiwimod is on Wiwimod Dev

CBB Forum, is being worked on and is on Xoopsforge already with Tags...in fact one of the best places to check is there, as Phppp is the developer, who made the Tags system for XOOPS to begin...

News = ask on Instant Zero unless they notice this....

Article is on XOOPS module development, which can easily be used as a News module or blogging and Wiki now, as it includes site wide Wiki if set in framework Text sanitizer config....to point to a correct new Wiki page, depending which Wiki is being used.....

mustangv8
  • 2006/12/20 18:50

• mustangv8

• Just popping in

I am very interested in the tags function with the new cbb module but I couldn't find any demo on their site. i guess I will have to wait for a while. Thank you Wizanda for your help

Login

Who's Online

179 user(s) are online (115 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 179

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits