irmtfan
smartblocks: questions
  • 2006/12/14 20:43

• irmtfan

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/12/7

1- where is the "system" module in the front page? so it means system = front page? if the start page is not system module how to show blocks for example in user.php?

2- i cant go to the preferences of smartobject and smartblocks. it shows me "taking you back to where you are..." message.

3- in modules/smartblocks/admin/about.php i have this error and bank page:

Fatal error: Class 'SmartobjectAbout' not found in D:\xampplite\..\..\modules\smartblocks\admin\about.php on line 13

4- is there any document for smartblocks module?
for example:
4-1- what is "note" in the edit block?
4-2- it seems after install first must visible all 8 "smartblocks" in all pages? and then add the blocks "Inside" smartblocks?
4-3- blocks create and add under smartblocks and cant be seen in the "xoops blocks" system so they are part of the module and not core?

Mithrandir
Re: smartblocks: questions

1) Front page + fall-down on subpages
2) I haven't experienced this
3) Rightie, thanks. Will be fixed
4-1) A note, if you don't put a title, you can write a little something here, and it will be shown on the page setup page
4-2) Yes, that is correct
4-3) Yes, that is correct. The XOOPS blocks are used as "prototypes" and instances are created inside the SmartBlocks module - similar to the approach used in XOOPS 2.2
"When you can flatten entire cities at a whim, a tendency towards quiet reflection and seeing-things-from-the-other-fellow's-point-of-view is seldom necessary."

Cusix Software

irmtfan
  • 2006/12/14 20:58

• irmtfan

• Module Developer

10x Mith
i think it will be useful for others too.

Mithrandir

Extended 2)
Neither SmartBlocks nor SmartObject has module preferences - I don't know why you even get this link to preferences.
"When you can flatten entire cities at a whim, a tendency towards quiet reflection and seeing-things-from-the-other-fellow's-point-of-view is seldom necessary."

Cusix Software

irmtfan
  • 2006/12/17 8:39

• irmtfan

• Module Developer

Quote:
I don't know why you even get this link to preferences

when i didn't see any preferences I try direct linking!
also many definitions are hard coded in this module.
name of blocks for example

Login

Who's Online

125 user(s) are online (87 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 125

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits