nevar
News? Content? Correct module Question: can't seem to find one to connect to html pages..
  • 2006/12/12 21:13

• nevar

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/9/7 5

Hello everyone, I am thinking of using News to link icons off my main page to separate pages that have (mostly) related pictures but some text. I like the ability to add search and site meta tags to these linked pages plus the catagories and topics for navigation.

Xoops Version: 2.0.16
PHP Version 4.4.4
NEWS Version 1.5

So I want a bunch of icons on the main page to link to corresponding pages. That is, to add HTML pages to a news article and have them linked from the main page. (picture)
Resized Image

I tried to add HTML in News but the resulting pages were very messed up. I looked at the tempaltes that generate the artiles - the code seems to really wrap the article tightly.

My questions / concerns:

1) How do I add HTML pages inside a news article?

2) I can hard-code the icons and link them to the generated articles... that is OK, but is NEWS the best module for this?

Modules I have also tried:

WF-Channel, version 1.07 - but no meta tag control, plus the catagories seem difficult to display.

Content, version 0.05 - no meta tag control

SmartSection, version 2.12 - good meta tag control, but really messes up any HTML code I add when I create an article. Plus Catagory and sub catagoeies are difficult to control.

Articles, version 1.02 - no meta tags and genterated menus seem one-level. But it did display the HTML well.

3) How do I get better control of the Catagory and Sub-Catagories? I would like to use them at the top as navigation for each of these linked pages. I have studied the templates extensivily and nothing stands out. I am sure it has something to do with smarty tags used by the news modules.

4) I have added the wysiswyg editors and tried adding content that way. It is a little `clunky` but some of my articles have several pictures ... and that makes formatting tedious. Question: should I upload all the pictures using something like MyAlbum-P (ver. 2.87) and then link to them in the articles?

(I am new to Xoops, but not afraid of the nuts and bolts syntax and code level tinkering)

Thanks so much in advance for any of your ideas; I have very much enjoyed your comments in other posts. Raven

Login

Who's Online

510 user(s) are online (36 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 510

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits