jaske
Xoops Functionality
  • 2006/12/2 18:09

• jaske

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/12/2

Greetings,

I've spent the last day or so reading the operation guide, miscellaneous faq's and numerous posts and can not find the info I'm looking for. I say this in case the answer is already available somewhere I'd appreciated just being pointed to it.

We have hundreds of independent static HTML sites that we would like to add dynamic content to. I do not want to have staff redesign each site within a content management system (nor will the customers pay for this kind of work). My hope is to setup XOOPS to be the content management system to do this using a simpler method.

I'm trying to find out if there is a way to embed tags into the static pages (understanding they may need to be changed from .htm or .html to the .php extension) so that the existing pages can pull dynamic content in specifically defined sections only (again without having to setup the whole page/site to be part of a content management system).

This way site owners can update their pages with content that is maintained in the cms database, without having to worry about editing code and even worrying about html formatting.

It seems that many many sites could benefit by utilizing dynamic content this way without having to have a complete rebuild of their sites, and this is what I'm trying to accomplish...to bring content manament to those who would not otherwise consider using it.

If anyone can provide me with info on how to do this with XOOPS (modules to use, faq or documentation on setting up), I would much appreciate experiencing the friendly "community" of users that I've been reading about all over the XOOPS site.

Thanks,

Alexi

wizanda
Re: Xoops Functionality
  • 2006/12/2 18:39

• wizanda

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/3/21

Do you mean as we are using Article on our site, that each person we invited so far, has made a page for their shop in html... yet using Koivi editor and FCKeditor...
So not necessarily needing knowledge of html (though it does help, yet a webmaster can also check...with pre-arranged Tag's over the page interlinking everyone..? Which can also be published when the user is ready and finished…

Or do you mean to add content as in our web hosting was a static html page, you add as a template file, call it from a php file, using smarty and it adds that as its own module...

Maybe it is you are asking more then one question in one…could XOOPS do all the needs of said site yes!…can XOOPS easily add html to it yes!….can XOOPS be used as an article management system for html yet more, yes!

jaske
Re: Xoops Functionality
  • 2006/12/2 19:10

• jaske

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/12/2

I want to add dynamic content to existing html pages. I do not want to add html pages to xoops.

You are right I asked numerous questions, but the main topic I'm looking for info on is whether (and how) XOOPS will allow me to add dynamic content to existing html pages.

For example, the software will be installed to the domain.com/cms directory. I have an index.php that loads and I want it to have dynamic content that is pulled from a XOOPS module (like ads or news). This page will remain as it is, with the added calls to the dynamic content through (I'm guessing) smarty tags or similar.

The same way you can add standard php content to an existing html doc.

Hope this clarifies.

Login

Who's Online

519 user(s) are online (55 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 519

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits