wkiafu
A few easy question, pls help
  • 2006/12/1 2:12

• wkiafu

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/12/1

Hi,

I am totally new to these php things. I just bought a webhost a few days ago. And the package comes with pre-install script of this XOOPS, and Mambo. I am thinking which one to choose from.

I have wondered these questions below, and I hope someone can help me out!

1. In my webhost, they offer pre-installed phpbb forum. Is it possible to add the forum's activities, such as new topics/replies on the XOOPS front page? I have saw some websites with their forum activities on the front page, which I would like to have one also.

2. I hope to earn side incomes by posting Adsense's ad in my website, does XOOPS have room for me to insert the html codes in the website?

3. Is it possible to add a "chat-box", a poll, or some other interactive items in my XOOPS frontpage? I wanted to keep my visitors active.

4. Last but not least, as said, i am a totally begineer. I always opt to those with easy UI and user-friendly to beginner.

Thank you everyone for helping me out and best regards,
wkiafu

davidl2
Re: A few easy question, pls help
  • 2006/12/1 2:23

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

1) CBB, the native XOOPS Module, has blocks for latest posts etc.

2) XOOPS will let you insert custom html in custom blocks - I seem to remember a news article giving details on setting this up, and i'm sure a couple of sites have had details on this as well... Search will be your friend here

3) Xoopspoll is available from http://www.xproject.co.uk. It's fairly easy to use... if you install it, you can either use it in a block, or on its own page. I'm not sure about chat modules - but you can probably find a shoutbox module via the search.

4) Definately check out the XOOPS Documents site... especially in regards to Blocks etc... it's not easy, but it 'll make more sense that way

Login

Who's Online

312 user(s) are online (47 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 312

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits