avtx30
Clean install, old data
  • 2006/11/22 10:32

• avtx30

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2006/10/12

Having a lot of strange problems which are thought to be due to wrong configs. I have give up to solve. I decided to re-build my site from a clean xoops.

Problem example (by Gizmhail):
Quote:

@avtx30 : for your mail conf page blank page, I too had a problem like yours.

It was due to the fact that our site had "too much" users for the XoopsFormSelectUser form...that is used only in this configuration page (check the "config" table, and you'll see that only this page has "user" value in "conf_formtype" field).

So, to solve this, the proper way would be to replace the XoopsFormSelectUser form by the "custom" one use in the Edit user page (this one uses pagenav to split user list every 200 users, so there's no crash).
I didn't do this myself yet (we simply hardcoded the right value in the table and made the selectuser form disapear, since we hadn't time/need to correct this better), but I think it can be quite easily done.

Sorry not to have reported a bug about that yet, but I wasn't able to reproduce it outside of my job to get more details (it need to have more than 200 users in the site to occur, and I was too lazy to create false ones on my dev sites ;o) )

Hope it'll help !

I want to import my current data without any config information (xoops version 2.0.16) to a clean-installed XOOPS 2.0.16 system.

Has anyone ever done this? Please tell me a smart way to achieve it. TIA.

wizanda
Re: Clean install, old data
  • 2006/11/22 10:56

• wizanda

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/3/21

Ok done this loads of times and if all goes wrong this is my final option...Best way ...

Take individual database backups for each individual section of the site...I.e

1 for forum and 1 each for all parts, depends on current Size limits of how much you can fit into each export for later import into the database....

basically try and keep all separate so later it is easier if something needs changing....

Install XOOPS first and modules; then it is just a matter of adding the information back into the database...

Just did that on a clean upgrade, 2.0.15 a while back, where I basically went to a complete blank XOOPS copy to check for file errors ect, and general sprint clean of my site to remove any old file revisions...

installed XOOPS as normal, installed modules as wanted, then with pre-set drop on import tables, of the info added each into its place into the system ready set in place...

avtx30
Re: Clean install, old data
  • 2006/11/23 0:10

• avtx30

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2006/10/12

Thank you,

I thought about what you said and I am afraid of failing. There are too many works needed to be done without any guarantee. I tried to diagnose my current site carefully once more.

I found one point that may help to fix problems. It's about the RW-Banner module. When I tried to add banner in the admin menu, it turns out a blank page, as reported (the developer's site is reset now). Taking into account the post above talking about the "too much" users problem, I cloned my site to a dev. space to debug, deleted about 3000 users so that there are only 100 users left. After that, I tried to add banners, and, what a big suprise! It functioned!!

Wish the developer of RW-Banner were here....

Website URL: http://www.nhatban.net
XOOPS Version: XOOPS 2.0.16 (upgraded using the full package)
XOOPS Theme: namacha
XOOPS Template Set: default
PHP Version: 4.3.9
MySQL Version: 4.1.20
Server Software: Apache/2.0.52 (CentOS)
User's Browser: Firefox/2.0
PHP Debug Messages: On
MySQL Debug Messages: Off
Smarty Debug Messages: Off

Login

Who's Online

243 user(s) are online (81 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 243

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits