robinwickens
Re: Admin Privileges

I run several website that use Zoops.

I do this for a living so I need a reliable CMS to install and recommend to my customers.

Zoops has to date become my No:1 CMS, I have all MY sites working on Zoops and as I build and maintain other peoples sites I would like to use Zoops.

Joomla, bless them locked up my servers and I couldn't even delete the ruddy files that were installed, it took my hosting companies time to reset permissions and so on and so on.

When I get a problem I need to cure it quickly, so the problem that I have at the moment is that although I install on a virgin server and all appears to be going well although I can log in I cannot access admin because I don't have permission.

This is not the first time that this has happened so I need to know if this is a problem with Zoops [Which I honestly can't believe as I have other sites running perfectly well on Zoops or whether it's a problem with my particular server[s].

I have my hosting company running round in circles at present because I can't run scripts on some servers but can on others.

Something to do with globals on or off, all servers will apparently be turned off, so maybe I'll get to run the scripts that I need?

Anyway I don't care! I want my Zoops to work on any server, any domain and I want to access admin or I'm going to blow up the world!

P.S. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

f00li5h
Re: Admin Privileges
  • 2006/11/12 4:26

• f00li5h

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/9/2 1

There are a couple of different things, I found that on some modules, the use of register_long_arrays (ie $HTTP_*_VARS) will kill a module - sometimes causing circular redirects etc.

Other mdules will fail if you have asp_tags = Off or short_open_tag = Off.

and as you say register_globals = Off can kill a module some of the time.

Also, there were some changes between php 4 and 5 that can be enough to make a module act oddly.

Your best odds of finding out what is causing it is to tail -f the error log for your server to find the messages php adds there, you may also want to set error_reporting to E_ALL (and just hope that the module is Notice-Clean).

HTH

Login

Who's Online

196 user(s) are online (147 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 196

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits