AlexSolo
Really confused about how to implement WRAP module, any help?
  • 2006/9/26 14:01

• AlexSolo

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2006/3/8 1

Read their instructions, confused!
Asked questions on their forum- no-one answered!
Need help in wrapping phplist into xoops. This is an existing installation with an established database not a fresh install.
I am moving my swim team's static site with their existing list to a XOOPS site and they still want to use phplist as their notification system. I would like it to open "inside of xoops" to have a seamless flow.

Bender
Re: Really confused about how to implement WRAP module, any help?
  • 2006/9/26 14:17

• Bender

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/3/10

Checkout carnukes review in his download section for wraps ...

http://houseofstrauss.co.uk/modules/wfdownloads/viewcat.php?cid=2
Sorry, this signature is experiencing technical difficulties. We will return you to the sheduled signature as soon as possible ...

AlexSolo
  • 2006/9/26 14:36

• AlexSolo

• Not too shy to talk

Pretty well explaned but it's a deal killer as 2.015 does not support this module yet. Bummer!

davidl2
  • 2006/9/26 14:39

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

Have you updated form.php? it may be compatible then.

AlexSolo
  • 2006/9/26 14:52

• AlexSolo

• Not too shy to talk

Yes, I have the latest installed. I was just reading the instructions that were posted here which states that the author had no luck with 2.0.15. I'm not that adventurous and new to php and xoops. I'm afraid to screw things up as I may not be able to fix what I break. I would like to know someone more experienced and brilliant than I has tried it and it functions the way it claims to.

Bender
  • 2006/9/26 15:36

• Bender

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/3/10

Check this:

http://www.peak.ne.jp/xoops/md/xhnewbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=1660&viewmode=flat

(and the thread linked from within if you are not using the XOOPS default template set)

Voila there goes the 2.0.15 ...
Sorry, this signature is experiencing technical difficulties. We will return you to the sheduled signature as soon as possible ...

AlexSolo
  • 2006/10/12 13:32

• AlexSolo

• Not too shy to talk

Well, followed all instructions I found from the linked pages from people's answers. Installed module as instructed, updated class/smarty/...as suggested byhttp://www.peak.ne.jp/xoops/md/news/index.php?page=article&storyid=354 But, when installing wrap module causes all other non-activated modules to dissapear as well as the wraps module not showing up either. When I un-install the wrap module, the other uploaded but not activated modules show up again. Tried removing/renaming the .htacess.rewrite file. No change! Tried renaming wraps to something else, no luck. Why would the wraps module cause this reaction in the module form page and how do I fix this so I can use the module.This is a very important module for me and would like to get it functioning soon.

chefry
  • 2006/10/22 23:13

• chefry

• Home away from home

• Since: 2006/10/14

I'm in the same boat. I've read and done everything, including a hack on the developers site that is supposed to make it run on 2.0.15. Nothing seems to work.

I really need this module too. But I've spend several weeks setting up my site on 2.0.15 and I'm not about to downgrade to an earlier version and have to do all that work again.

I guess we'll have to wait for the developer to fix it.

I've left some other messages here about Wraps, as well as on the developers site and on the houseofstrauss site, but nobody seems to interested in helping.

Login

Who's Online

235 user(s) are online (140 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 235

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits