Lance_
Re: Installed, But my Private domains needs /xoops after it. Help?
  • 2006/10/18 11:59

• Lance_

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/1/12

For the benefit of others, (if ever someone actually uses the search feature, )

I personally usually install XOOPS in it's own folder. The reason behind this is to keep things tidy. FOr example if you install the base files in the root of your hosting then want to add another script, it will find itself mixed in with the XOOPS folders. Can get to be a pain to update while making sure you don,t affect other scripts.

So, in that light, install XOOPS in it's own folder. You can use any name. Then create an Index.php file to put in the root of your webspace redirecting users to the XOOPS folder when accessing the base URL.

index.php
<? 

header("Location: /yourxoopsfoldername/"); 

?>

I use this in all my sites in my sig.

Cheers.
GDL-Web.com :: Website development.
Xoopslance.com::Freelancing and Projects
thelionsden-arena.net:: Clan/League/Ladder Hosting

Rajan
  • 2006/10/18 13:27

• Rajan

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/10/18

This Is funny
I got the same look after installation.
Header, Footer and menu is working.

I miss some "body" its empty.
Anybody any help ?

Regards Rajan

MissusP
  • 2006/10/18 14:18

• MissusP

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/10/17

Lance: I love the search feature! It's a major way to look for answers--quick! My only fear is that when I post someone thinks I didn't use it (because maybe the answer is out there on a search page you didn't see...if there are TONS, for example...you can only open those whose writer put in a good subject line...or else you can have hundreds to sort through...and not that much time)

Thanks for this tip...I'll have to think about it when I have some "quiet time" (sick baby)...

So, the index.php you are saying (and giving the code for) sounds easy enough...it is the other part...install XOOPS in a XOOPS folder....do you mean, for instance, if your domain is: mysite.com and you have downloaded XOOPS into the main root /public_html/mysite/, you should rather create a /public_html/xoops ?? and put it there? Otherwise, the XOOPS download would be under your domain name folder. Let me kick this around, of if you see this and can clarify it for newbies , thanks.

As soon as I can, I'm trying to find out about modules so I can get some content on my site. The body is bare. My kingdom for some reading time

Cheers back!!

Kelly

Login

Who's Online

134 user(s) are online (69 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 134

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits