davidtillyer
SITE NOT WORKING

Hi All,

Can anyone please HELP.

I have just uploaded the latest vision of XOOPS and gone through the FULLinstall process. On the first page when it ask to click to go to your site I see the login. I login see the "Admin Menu" but when I click on this it tells me "Im NOT Authorized" to view this section and througs me back out.

Can someone PLEASE HELP as of at the moment all I get is a blank white screen for a website.

DT
Kind Regards
David

wizanda
Re: SITE NOT WORKING
  • 2006/10/18 7:57

• wizanda

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/3/21

Have you labeled your url's correctly?
Set your Chomd of Cache folder and template_C?

Make sure you set everything correctly as that sounds as I have done and got a url wrong somewhere....
Easy fix is edit mainfile.php as that is written to on installl...Change the url to be correct and see if that helps.

davidtillyer

Hi Thank you, for your advise. I have set the 3 files to 777 as recommended in the notes.

Are you also saying to reload the "mainfile.php" as a fix and follow the process?
Kind Regards
David

wizanda
  • 2006/10/18 8:49

• wizanda

• Home away from home

Yeh, you can edit the mainfile your self by hand and change the url and virtual url, to make sure these are correct.

davidtillyer

Just to confirm. All I have to do is download the file from my server, open this file in "NOTEPAD"? and make the changes and upload it again.

David
Kind Regards
David

wizanda
  • 2006/10/18 11:32

• wizanda

• Home away from home

Yeh can do it that way, you can also get Weaverslave which is a free editor to help if you like.... also works automatic with top-style lite which is also free, for CSS

davidtillyer

Hi, Thanks for that i have had a look at the file but to be honest I do not know what part I'm ment to be looking at in the text. I can see my url in a few places. Can I email you what I have or can you take a snap shot of the bits I need to change, and BOLD the bits I need to change to my url.

CAN ANYONE PLEASE ADVISE ME ON THIS AS I HAVE UPLOADED THE LATEST VISION OF XOOPS AND STILL WILL NOT WORK.

David
Kind Regards
David

Login

Who's Online

144 user(s) are online (77 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 144

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits