MissusP
Installed, But my Private domains needs /xoops after it. Help?
  • 2006/10/18 1:10

• MissusP

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/10/17

Hi.

1) I want to thank XOOPS for the GREAT Installation write-up...I am used to seeing stuff that is geared twords those almost fluent in php. This was very well done for newbies in welcoming warm easy baby-bite language. Thanks!

2) My site is installed and the entire installation had NO errors...all green lights until I went to admin panal. It had me delete my "install" folder (which I did).

3) Which leads me to my problem, although I installed with out one incident, I obviously messed something up. Here is where I am at:

I have a private domaine hosted elsewhere (the site is goadore #dot# com. However, I think I followed a wrong instruction somewhere, because it ONLY pulls up under goadore #dot#com #slash# xoops. If I pull up JUST the domain, I get the "site index" thingie. I know it must be something obvious, but can't seem to think what.

and

In my administration panel...I click on it and nothing happens, that page just remains blank...so I have no administration.

Thank you for your help in advance.

Kelly

MissusP
Re: Installed, But my Private domains needs /xoops after it. Help?
  • 2006/10/18 2:02

• MissusP

• Just popping in

oh...and, I failed to mention:

I installed version 2.0.15 and there was NOT the 3 files the "installation guide" mentions...that one says there is an html file (here it may be htdocs), docs, upgrades (instead of "extras" I am guessing).

I renamed htdocs to XOOPS per the installation (as I interpeted it).

But, then my site had to be pulled up with that /xoops after the domain name.

NOTE: this is one of many sites I am hosting on HostGator with C panel...this is NOT the main site...so I can't name the mail public_html xoops. I am using other things on other sites (ie: post nuke, wordpress,etc.).

I don't know much being a newbie...trying. So, you have to answer clearly "go here" "put this here" "is this there?" type of stuff.

I use Firefox and IE 6.0.29 and Windows XP.

Kelly

Bassman
  • 2006/10/18 2:29

• Bassman

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/5/23

Kelly,
You'll have to move everything that's in the /xoops folder, into the folder that the XOOPS folder is in (If you get what I mean) and then edit mainfile.php to reflect the change - which will be just removing /xoops from the urls.

MissusP
  • 2006/10/18 2:46

• MissusP

• Just popping in

thanks for replying! I'm so eager to get it up because I can use that one to get the others up.

let's see? Re: what you said.... I don't know how.

I have my /public_html/goadore main folder.

In that are 3 separate ones (and they have stuff in them)
1) docs
2) upgrade
3) XOOPS (which I renamed from htdocs, per install directions.)

NOW....if I move XOOPS to the one it is in...that does not make sense to me. it is alone, but in the MAIN SITE folder of "goadore" my Domain Name (one of several in my public_html)

So....can you be a teeny bit more clearer?? I am not trying to be stupid, because I am not stupid..just new, but I'm really trying to understand.

Thanks

Kelly

MissusP
  • 2006/10/18 2:49

• MissusP

• Just popping in

(ps: I do see the mainfile.php you mentioned and to take off the /xoops...that seems easy enough...but what to do with the XOOPS file...change it back to htdocs???)

Bassman
  • 2006/10/18 3:45

• Bassman

• Friend of XOOPS

LOL Don't worry about it. I've had MANY questions that could be regarded as stupid, yours isn't.

I meant the contents of your XOOPS folder on your server, which I guess would be /goadore/xoops

You need to move everything in that folder up one level, i,e. to the goadore folder.

then edit mainfile.php

XOOPS_ROOT_PATH
Yours would be something like
define('XOOPS_ROOT_PATH', '/****/*****/public_html/goadore/xoops');

needs to be

define('XOOPS_ROOT_PATH', '/****/*****/public_html/goadore');

and similarly with XOOPS_VIRTUAL_PATH

Also note you may have to change file permissions on mainfile.php from 444 to 644 for changes to take effect (You should be able to do that with CPanel) just remember to change back once finished.

MissusP
  • 2006/10/18 3:48

• MissusP

• Just popping in

ah-ha! (and you knew I was waiting to go to bed...waiting for your reply, weren't you?! haha)

Thanks, trying it before bed....if possible!

Kellyzzzzzzzz

Bassman
  • 2006/10/18 3:50

• Bassman

• Friend of XOOPS

I wish...... it's only 2.13 PM here :(

MissusP
  • 2006/10/18 4:04

• MissusP

• Just popping in

Darn, well, maybe I was too tired, mate!

Now, my page does not come up at all

(http:// ## goadore # dot # com is the site.

I re-placed my install in...no...so took it back out...nothing...now, not even an index shows up.

I will have to look tomorrow or re-start it all tomorrow.

so close but yet so far...talk about the 'big one that got away' *tear in eye* lol....dang...oh, well. This is life.

Thank you so much!! If I have to re-do this, this advice will still come in handy to me!!

Have a good rest of your day!

Kelly

Bassman
  • 2006/10/18 4:42

• Bassman

• Friend of XOOPS

It works for me Kelly. Congratulations!

Login

Who's Online

380 user(s) are online (49 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 380

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits