Chaser
I don't know what I am doing wrong
  • 2006/10/16 17:39

• Chaser

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/10/16

I am trying to simply remove the site name and slogan from the top of the kubrickFlexible theme header. I don't know what I am doing wrong, but I can't seem to get it to work. I've read so much documentation in the past two days that now I am beginning to think that I am over complicating it.

Could someone provide me with some guidance or direction please!

Here's the deal. I am using XOOPS 2.0.15 (family.myvariant.com). I've created a header image that includes the site name and slogan so there is no need for this info to be displayed automatically by the theme/template. I've attempted to edit the theme.html file in both the default and the kubrickFlexible directories, but no luck. The only way I can hide the info is by not entering it in the general settings, but then there is no page name on the browser window. I'm a total newb to Xoops, but not to html. Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong?

thanks in advance for any help!

Chaser
Re: I don't know what I am doing wrong
  • 2006/10/16 17:45

• Chaser

• Just popping in

Doh, sorry about the double post

Chaser
Re: I dont know what I am doing wrong
  • 2006/10/16 19:31

• Chaser

• Just popping in

Yeah, well #OOPS#... I came across a thread dealing with files within the templates_c directory and after deleting them everything seems to functioning the way I would like it to. So just ingore this post or simply delete it and my accidental double post.

tmreg
  • 2006/10/16 19:32

• tmreg

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2006/7/20

Looks like you figured it out?

Do you have the choice toggled to on to "check for new versions of theme? in the general settings tab?
-Matt

Mithrandir

For changes to theme.html to show up, you'll need to enable the "update module templates from themes/yourtheme/templates folder" in general preferences.

It is not the most clear description, but it'll check the theme's theme.html for changes and recompile it (replace the one in templates_c folder, which is why clearing this folder works, too)

When the theme is as you want it to, turn off the "update module templates..." option for better performance.
"When you can flatten entire cities at a whim, a tendency towards quiet reflection and seeing-things-from-the-other-fellow's-point-of-view is seldom necessary."

Cusix Software

Login

Who's Online

179 user(s) are online (101 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 179

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits