nevar
Help with picking a module that will link pictures to pages....
  • 2006/10/10 6:13

• nevar

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/9/7 5

Hello everyone, I am thinking of using News to link icons off my main page to separate pages that have (mostly) related pictures but some text. I like the ability to add search site meta tags to these linked pages.

So I want a bunch of icons on the main page ... say 15 rows with about 6 icons wide that will link to corresponding pages. I would rather not "hard code" it and be able to add a news article that consisted of just an icon.

The linked page would have some pictures and some text concerning the topic the user clicked on. It would also be search site friendly.

sort of like this:

Resized Image
My questions / concerns:

1) It would be best if I could build some kind of structure as I added the icons (and corresponding pages) that would "Fit" over time. So if a new category came up - I wouldn't have to mess with a bunch of hard-code to put things in order.

2) I am concerned on how I would display the icons in the main template. Do I go in there and hard code the php to make (say...) 15 rows with 6 columns? Is there a way to have NEWS (or some other module) do this?

I was thinking I could use the CATAGORY function in news it add my icon and have it organize it automatically. Not sure.

Lastly, I am thinking there might be a better module than news (I am using: CBB, version 3.05) for what I am doing.

(I am new to Xoops, but not afraid of the nuts and bolts. I am running XOOPS 2.0.15.)

Thanks so much in advance for any of your ideas. Raven

wizanda
Re: Help with picking a module that will link pictures to pages....
  • 2006/10/10 7:49

• wizanda

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/3/21

Wiwimod!

nevar
OK, I'll try Wiwimod
  • 2006/10/10 17:14

• nevar

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/9/7 5

Got and installed Wiwimod. The idea would be to create a page with icons with open links. Then click on those links and add the content I want. Good. A few quesitons:

1) What would be the best WYSIWYG editor for version 2.0.15?

2) Is there a way to control the tags for each of my linked pages? News allows one to do this when you create the article - here also?

Thanks wizanda for you fast reply.

nevar

wizanda
Re: OK, I'll try Wiwimod
  • 2006/10/10 17:35

• wizanda

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/3/21

Koivi is good and works ok with Wiwimod...You can get it from here and add it needs to go in the class folder / XOOPS editors/WYSIWYG

Unsure if it does change the meta, other then page titles... in wiwimod...

Login

Who's Online

465 user(s) are online (94 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 465

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits