love2know
Constructive Criticism very much welcome here...
  • 2006/10/9 6:34

• love2know

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/7/28

Hi everyone. I've been a XOOPS user for around 2 months now.. I try to work on the site as much as I can when i have time..

I would like everyone's opinion including any criticism, including any wild rants.. i don't mind.. as long as I see your point of view..

please include your site as an example as to what i could implement (and/or discard from my site)

please visit here: www.loveofknowledge.com

love2know
Re: Constructive Criticism very much welcome here...
  • 2006/10/9 6:36

• love2know

• Just popping in

just as adendum to my previous post.. I know, i still need to import my customized header which includes my website name.. i just recently changed my theme and haven't had the time to customize my header..

wizanda
  • 2006/10/9 6:47

• wizanda

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/3/21

Ok ideas...

Arrange the main menu order to size it helps to read and looks better...when in one list....

CBB forums use RSS feeds on each Google needs something in these else it see and error...so make at least one post in each...

If you are using Poll and Forum at the moment with current layout of the Polls system it is hard to retrace for end -users where that poll came from if made as post in the forum.

Look cool tho good luck

love2know
  • 2006/10/9 10:27

• love2know

• Just popping in

Wizanda.. once again, you've come through.. your suggestions are very much appreciated!!

Yes, I've noticed the same thing with the polls and forum - it's very hard to trace.. for example: "was Israel wrong to attack Lebanon" poll, this was actually part of a forum post that I started, but when you look in the poll section itself, there is nothing in the poll that suggests that there is a forum about that poll..

Regarding the RSS and having posts in all forums, I'm working on that too.. i saw your suggestion on another site..

But I'm not sure exactly what you're suggesting with my main menu?

wizanda
  • 2006/10/9 10:30

• wizanda

• Home away from home

In your Admin module menu, work out how long diffrent module titles texts are for each item and then put these in a systematic order of importance and size....Setting each in numerical order....

So it read as a list getting bigger or smaller as you go down, so you can scan read quickly...

wizanda
  • 2006/10/9 10:46

• wizanda

• Home away from home

Many right and left center block to begin...is a bit much for the eye to take in, in one go, maybe a few just center block like you see on Xoops, ... search engines don't actually read all the links if there are too many; also... I read some where...
Anda you can cache all static blocks or near static to longggest possible...

love2know
  • 2006/10/9 10:57

• love2know

• Just popping in

I may choose to edit this theme to make it 750px and adjust my blocks.. In my experience, if you wish to make your homepage with a lot of info, white space on the right isn't so bad..

I see this with bloomberg and cnn.com in which their main page is a complete summary of their site, yet it's not so much for the eye, because it has white space on the right...

you think this is possible with this theme that I chose?

love2know
  • 2006/10/9 10:59

• love2know

• Just popping in

I, however, have no idea about coding and had a hard time even to plugin my adsense codes.. But, if i have time, I'll have a go at making my current theme a fixed width theme (with some research of course)

love2know
  • 2006/10/9 11:01

• love2know

• Just popping in

off topic: Imagine by John Lennon is truly one of his best, if not, The Best..

love2know
  • 2006/10/9 19:07

• love2know

• Just popping in

Wizanda.. I just did a very brief adjustment to the theme, and implemented your suggestion and went for center blocks only instead of the left/right center blocks..

It seems to be making a better difference.. Although, I still have some things to modify, including the nav bar on the top..

I hope someone else can make comments, criticism, suggestions, etc..

Login

Who's Online

129 user(s) are online (70 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 129

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits