wizanda
Problem with removing News in the first place
  • 2006/10/1 7:45

• wizanda

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/3/21

Just noticed when reading XOOPS news in my admin, that the modules News for them old games (Modules?) is still there yet doesn't link...
Second problem though is this you see I only wrote 2 paragraphs, so all of the News could be in one and people could just quickly have a look...at both games..
Now often I see that happening where I write something designed to be shortened in the first place... to fit into the news and then it is shortened even more and people end up insultive.... as I have seen on countless occasions of missing said point of why news was published in the first place... as not all of us click more to see what else is written and expect it would be self contained....

Maybe its just me and I moan to much, yet can we try and keep the item's in question discussed in anyones news in clear view so this doesn't happen?

p.s this is not to attack certain people before they may feel it is, it is simply to improve overall XOOPS performance and issues... as this is all of our home and why the outburst to begin; as when it doesn't always feel like this anymore for some of us.
So by Ironing out points we may find a better and more effective system between us.

davidl2
Re: Problem with removing News in the first place
  • 2006/10/1 12:41

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

One thing that has been done recently by a talented XOOPS member is a submission guide for new Modules... to give a clearer idea of information needed etc.

Eventually, I'd like to see a similar one for news entries - for things like YAXS etc... as far to often we see a basic "This is my new site, I hope you like it" or news entries lacking in information...

(BTW - This isn't attacking you Wiz... your entries are quite fully packed )

So a better idea of how much should, and perhaps shouldn't, be given for a news topic should be considered.

BTW - Don't forget that News has to be broken into a top summary and bottom main body text - otherwise the "Full news view" gets very large indeed!

wizanda
Re: Problem with removing News in the first place
  • 2006/10/1 13:37

• wizanda

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/3/21

agreed most deffo as some people write flipping essays and all i want is what it is, clearly presented in a brief, a demo link and where to download the modules...or theme the same with picture and where

I don't want to hear about countless revisions this i will look at if I need the module....
Yet if a more is added that is the more... I do feel the news should be limted to just that information in the quickest format...
I know for me, I will check the internal XOOPS admin News every few days or so and in that if people post to much it means we don't get as many headlines....
Just one Big eassy how they use far to many space also...

So if we could make it any news submited first bit is a brief and second an article if required...doesn't the latest news do this?

Login

Who's Online

461 user(s) are online (58 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 461

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits