jonas
Cache advice.. examples
  • 2006/9/28 18:36

• jonas

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/1/27

i haven't been using cache... doesn't it help speed up the site? and what settings would you recomend? if this has been discussed please tell me where i have searched the faq and forums..it must have been discussed before..

here are my modules:
news
wfdownlaods
xfsection
multimenu
myalbum
formulaire
edito
xhld
smartfaq
chess
profiels
frozen bubble

any direction would be cool
If you tell the truth you don't have to remember anything.[size=x-small] [ Mark Twain ][/size]...

Will_H
Re: Cache advice.. examples
  • 2006/9/28 18:41

• Will_H

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/10/10

In my experience, I have found it is best to apply cache to relatively unused modules.

I for example would not apply cache to forums.

However modules like Multimenu which does not get changed often, would call for caching. I set my cache high for modules of this nature, then if I make changes I just clear my cache folder to make it appear instantly.

I guess what I am saying is that setting cache too high can have undesired effects.

wizanda
  • 2006/9/28 19:10

• wizanda

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/3/21

Also don't forget that staic items within blocks can also be set...
Which some times is far better, as you know your News won't change regular and so your pages loads faster.
If you can cache something, that is loaded a lot, (unsure if this help, yet think so) as if you have say 1000 vistors and there is a block... that would then be called 1000 times from the database each time...
If it is then set on a small cache, then it will be only be called the once from the database on the time you set it on and the others from the cache, so again speeding things up.
I think someone wrote a really good guide like wolfactory i think it was...I will have a look...brb

jonas
  • 2006/9/28 20:23

• jonas

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/1/27

thank you guys confirmed my thinking.. i will set some cahce on modules and blocks... i also installed the 7dana clear cache module so i can quickly clear...
wizanda dude.. i read the flame thread on you HERE.. dude i hope all ends well.. you are agreat contributor and friend of xoops

jonas
If you tell the truth you don't have to remember anything.[size=x-small] [ Mark Twain ][/size]...

Login

Who's Online

227 user(s) are online (154 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 227

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits