GoLeM
data transfer from downloads to wf downloads module
  • 2006/9/26 20:06

• GoLeM

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/8/30

question is pretty simple...how to transfer all the downloads form downloads module to wf downloads? i guess i need it because of some other technical difficulties...is there any way to do that and with what?

thanx again guys

christian
Re: data transfer from downloads to wf downloads module
  • 2006/9/26 20:26

• christian

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2002/2/24

With the version 3.1 you have a import menu from mydownloads.

Bender
  • 2006/9/26 20:33

• Bender

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/3/10

Just a note:

Once you have imported the files and cats they will not be accessible until you use the Permissions tab to setup the permissions. (not even for the webmaster)
Sorry, this signature is experiencing technical difficulties. We will return you to the sheduled signature as soon as possible ...

GoLeM
  • 2006/9/26 20:51

• GoLeM

• Just popping in

Quote:

Bender wrote:
Just a note:

Once you have imported the files and cats they will not be accessible until you use the Permissions tab to setup the permissions. (not even for the webmaster)

ok...so how do I do that

Bender
  • 2006/9/26 21:02

• Bender

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/3/10

First import then click on the permissions tab and add group permissions to the categories for those you would want to have access.
Sorry, this signature is experiencing technical difficulties. We will return you to the sheduled signature as soon as possible ...

GoLeM
  • 2006/9/26 22:50

• GoLeM

• Just popping in

Quote:

Bender wrote:
First import then click on the permissions tab and add group permissions to the categories for those you would want to have access.

sorry...it's just a little bit too complicated for me, our site admins (including me) are beginners, can u first tell me how to ''import menu from mydownloads'', exactly step-by-step, and then what is the next step...this what you just describe-is it in ftp client or somewhere else?

i know i know, we are wasting your time but please help us, it's very imortant cause we have a lot of files already in mydownloads and we wasted a lot of time to put the links in there so we don't want to lose them all...thanx a million

skenow
  • 2006/9/27 1:28

• skenow

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/11/17

Sign in as admin, go to the administration area, click on the wf-downloads icon. At the top of the page, last link on the right, is 'Help'. Click on that and there is information about importing from other modules - look for 'Import' on the left side of the page.

Once they've done that, back on the wf-downloads admin page, again at the top, is a link to 'Import'

GoLeM
  • 2006/9/27 7:18

• GoLeM

• Just popping in

Quote:

skenow wrote:
Sign in as admin, go to the administration area, click on the wf-downloads icon. At the top of the page, last link on the right, is 'Help'. Click on that and there is information about importing from other modules - look for 'Import' on the left side of the page.

Once they've done that, back on the wf-downloads admin page, again at the top, is a link to 'Import'

there is no 'help' link anywhere in my XOOPS admin area

davidl2
  • 2006/9/27 9:17

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

Which version of WF-Downloads are you using?

GoLeM
  • 2006/9/27 11:50

• GoLeM

• Just popping in

the one christian suggested...3.1

Login

Who's Online

142 user(s) are online (84 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 142

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits