zimmi88
Parent/Child Topic Managment in News Module - Help Needed
  • 2006/9/24 23:43

• zimmi88

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/3/9 1

Hi! I'm having a bit of trouble with the News module and was wondering if anyone would be able to help me solve it.

Currently in my installation of the News module, I have two main Parent topics with many more Child topics, organized within the Parent topics. See below:

NEWS MODULE
-Articles
--Web Notez
--Hot Topics
--Konichiwa!
...etc...
-News
--Site News
--Delegation News
--Program News
...etc...

Here's my problem. I discovered today that when I visit the story listing for a Parent topic, like... say... "Articles", it doesn't list any stories within the Child topics, like... Konichiwa!. It was my impression that the Parent topics included stories in the Child topics within its listings.

I was wondering if there was a way to list stories included under Child topics when visiting the story listing for the Parent topics. Is there a way to do this? If not, do you know of a News module compatible with XOOPS 2.2.4 that can do this? Or, should I try having duplicate copies of the News module on my site?

Thank you in advance for your consideration and assistance in this matter!
-zimmi88 =)

P.S.: Ohhh... here's some site specs:
Xoops 2.2.4
PHP 5
MySQL 4
News Module 1.4
URL: www.mvyg.com
If you need further information to troubleshoot this problem, short of any info that would compromise security, please feel free to ask me!
"Need coffee, keep away..."

Login

Who's Online

156 user(s) are online (93 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 156

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits