Distinctive
This page cannot be displayed due to an internal error
  • 2006/9/20 5:06

• Distinctive

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/7/20

When I want to view my site, I get this error:

This page cannot be displayed due to an internal error.

If you are the administrator of this site, please visit the XOOPS Troubleshooting Page for assistance.

i changed nothing and it worked fine yesterday, i go today and this page is up. i did a search and the question didnt answer the problem...please help.

the site is...
http://www.firenrescueportraitsstudio.com/

jksig
Re: This page cannot be displayed due to an internal error
  • 2006/9/20 11:21

• jksig

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/1/16

my site is with the same problem?!?!?!?!?!

Will_H
  • 2006/9/20 11:28

• Will_H

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/10/10

Quote:

Distinctive wrote:
i changed nothing and it worked fine yesterday.

This is unlikely... Its more probable that you changed something awhile back and you never cleared the templates.

The first place I would start is with your theme.

The most common cause of this is missing an <{/if}> somewhere. Be sure that all your <{if}> and <{foreach}> tags are closed.

Remember to clear your templates when you do something to view the immediatte results. Code doesnt just change itself.

Distinctive
  • 2006/9/20 16:39

• Distinctive

• Just popping in

i didnt do anything to any files. it was up and running fine the other day, then i went to it and this screen was there. no files were changed on my end. No codes or nothing.

Will_H
  • 2006/9/20 17:04

• Will_H

• Friend of XOOPS

I dont want you to think I am an a** or anything, it just doesnt work like that. Someone had to do something. XOOPS is advanced, but not advanced enough to change itself at will.

Ask your host if they have modified anything recently.
<elseif>
revert to a backup

Again sorry if I am striking a nerve here, but you have to understand that it just does not work like that.

Distinctive
  • 2006/9/20 19:47

• Distinctive

• Just popping in

i talked to the hosting provider, they reset permissions on the mainfile.php to try and solve the issue, and rebooted the server, and still same issue. Its come down to me almost having to redo the whole #OOPS# website and its really frustrating me. If anyone knows a fix for the problem and could help me out id appreciate it. I dont want to have to recreate this site from scratch

iHackCode

this is probably not the solution but. check if cache and templates_c directories are 777. ..

hmm.. now im thinking.. what about turning on XOOPS phpdebug. you can turn it on with phpmyadmin or something similar. 'prefix_config' table.. click browse.. look for the one with the conf_name of 'debug_mode' and change its conf_value to '1' (that is 1 without quotes.) i wonder if that would show something.
CBB / LatestNews / Publisher / XM-Spotlight

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

Distinctive
  • 2006/9/21 3:01

• Distinctive

• Just popping in

i cant even access the admin panel... ill try to make sure the chmodd is 777 on both files, but i dont think that would make it come up as an internal error.

*if anyone seriously knows the fix for this let me know, i may give you my ftp info if it can be fixed. Would i have to remake the whole site over if the problem persists?

Will_H
  • 2006/9/21 3:04

• Will_H

• Friend of XOOPS

actually it would... XOOPS must be able to write to these directories otherwise you will get the vague screen of death.

Sounds like a good time to plug the "how about error screens that tell ya what the problem is" thing.

Distinctive
  • 2006/9/21 5:33

• Distinctive

• Just popping in

changed both directories and mainfile.php to 777 chmod and still nothing. even put it on a new MySQL database and still the same screen... anyone know of a fix for this its killing me.

Login

Who's Online

147 user(s) are online (101 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 147

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits