Vchat20
Streaming Audio Mod
  • 2002/12/27 5:30

• Vchat20

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/12/27

Are there any Streaming Audio mod's for Xoops? I know there is one for PHPNuke, but is there one for xoops? If not, It would be nice if one is made. Cuz I am starting a Streaming Radio station called The Sims Online HQ Radio, and the site, The Sims Online HQ, is gonna be made using XOOPS. And the station needs to be played right o the site.

leglegal
Re: Streaming Audio Mod
  • 2002/12/27 12:43

• leglegal

• Just popping in

The PHP Nuke´s streaming mod does not exist. It is a link to the andromeda´s web site, witch is a pay script and not modularized to phpnuke. But take a look at www.hotscripts.com. There are severals streamings scripts that could be (easely?) ported to XOOPS.

BDW
  • 2003/1/21 17:17

• BDW

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2002/9/28

I am also looking for an Audio module.

Doesnt have to be Streamable, just one that lists the audio like the way that www.sonicfury.net has.

They dont use xoops, but i'm sure that someone on here knows how to create a module that looks similar to what they have done.

Can you?

Vchat20
  • 2003/1/21 18:57

• Vchat20

• Just popping in

no, im talking about the Internet Radio v2.0 module for phpnuke. all it is is a block with from what I can tell an <embed> tag which plays a streaming radio station. I have it on my site now, which is in phpnuke, but my friend wants something similar on his, but he uses xoops. my site is athttp://radio.tsohq.com/ . that block is located on the left towards the bottom.

Neon
  • 2003/1/21 20:14

• Neon

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2002/2/8 6

I don't know if this would be any help but there is a mod by the Inconnue Team calles Kwat-TV that is suppost to have streaming vid &/or sound, thier site is down atm but I have a version (may not be the latest) from my site ModsCentral that you might be interested in, => HERE <=
enjoy

kitsou
  • 2003/1/21 21:37

• kitsou

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/3/19

Hi to all Streamers !
I don't know exactly what you need, but if you want to have a block with a nice little player and a radio station to stream then just make a custom html block in the admin section and paste this code in....and then basta!

<center>
<object id="NSPlay" width="150" height="50" classid="clsid:22D6F312-B0F6-11D0-94AB-0080C74C7E95" codebase="http://activex.microsoft.com/activex/controls/mplayer/en/nsmp2inf.cab#Version=5,1,52,701" standby="Loading Microsoft Windows Media Player components..." type="application/x-oleobject" align="middle">
<param name="AudioStream" value="-1">
<param name="AutoSize" value="0">
<param name="AutoStart" value="-1">
<param name="AnimationAtStart" value="-1">
<param name="AllowScan" value="-1">
<param name="AllowChangeDisplaySize" value="1">
<param name="AutoRewind" value="0">
<param name="Balance" value="0">
<param name="BufferingTime" value="5">
<param name="ClickToPlay" value="-1">
<param name="CursorType" value="0">
<param name="CurrentPosition" value="-1">
<param name="CurrentMarker" value="0">
<param name="DisplayBackColor" value="0">
<param name="DisplayForeColor" value="16777215">
<param name="DisplayMode" value="0">
<param name="DisplaySize" value="4">
<param name="Enabled" value="-1">
<param name="EnableContextMenu" value="-1">
<param name="EnablePositionControls" value="-1">
<param name="EnableFullScreenControls" value="0">
<param name="EnableTracker" value="-1">
<param name="Filename" value="http://www.crossrhythms.co.uk/radio/radio.asx">
<param name="InvokeURLs" value="-1">
<param name="Language" value="-1">
<param name="Mute" value="0">
<param name="PlayCount" value="1">
<param name="PreviewMode" value="0">
<param name="Rate" value="1">
<param name="SelectionStart" value="-1">
<param name="SelectionEnd" value="-1">
<param name="SendOpenStateChangeEvents" value="-1">
<param name="SendWarningEvents" value="-1">
<param name="SendErrorEvents" value="-1">
<param name="SendKeyboardEvents" value="0">
<param name="SendMouseClickEvents" value="0">
<param name="SendMouseMoveEvents" value="0">
<param name="SendPlayStateChangeEvents" value="-1">
<param name="ShowCaptioning" value="0">
<param name="ShowControls" value="-1">
<param name="ShowAudioControls" value="-1">
<param name="ShowDisplay" value="0">
<param name="ShowGotoBar" value="0">
<param name="ShowPositionControls" value="0">
<param name="ShowStatusBar" value="-1">
<param name="ShowTracker" value="0">
<param name="TransparentAtStart" value="0">
<param name="VideoBorderWidth" value="0">
<param name="VideoBorderColor" value="0">
<param name="VideoBorder3D" value="0">
<param name="Volume" value="-890">
<param name="WindowlessVideo" value="0">
<embed type="application/x-mplayer2" pluginspage="http://www.microsoft.com/Windows/Downloads/Contents/Products/MediaPlayer/" filename="http://www.crossrhythms.co.uk/radio/radio.asx" src= showcontrols="1" showdisplay="0" showstatusbar="1" width="150" height="50" align="middle">
</embed>
</object>
</center>

If you want to add another radio station:
watch out for the 2 lines of code above were you find

http://www.crossrhythms.co.uk/radio/radio.asx

(this is a christian POP/ROCK Radiostation)

and replace these by the URL of your station and that's it.

Naturally you could also make a php block and put variables as the URL's of the radiostation and select the stations from a little menu or even the main menu. But if 1 station is enough for you then it is not necessary to make a module just to make it complicated and put a copyright note under the player....LOL !!!

Otherwise you could use the excellent french TV Module as a Radio Module: Watch it here:

http://www.backnang-online.info/modules/tv/

Select Antenne Düsseldorf Radio and listen german radio !!!!

Catzwolf
  • 2003/1/21 23:14

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

• Since: 2007/9/30

Thanks for the info m8

I am sure that this info can be used to have streaming audio embedded into your webpages with some ease, I believe this can be used for other media? Such as mp3 or WMA files?

Anonymous
Re: Streaming Audio Mod... great!
  • 2003/3/25 22:09

• Anonymous

• Since:

Thanks for the tip, kitsoul.

The block works great!

napalm
Re: Streaming Audio Mod... great!
  • 2003/4/12 22:51

• napalm

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/4/8 1

I have a question. I installed this streaming audio as a block on my site and changed it to another station and set the automatic streaming to 0 but now it plays erratically. In that, the first time I load it up, it works great but if I stop it and try and start again, nothing happens, it just keeps saying ready. Sometimes if I refresh my page it will start again but otherwise it doesn't do anything. Any suggestions.

tom
  • 2003/4/13 0:37

• tom

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/9/21

I know this is not what you want, but Viamas helped this guy with his mod I think and they also offer live streaming and may also be able to help, not sure though but it maybe worth a try.

Quote:
After last month's release of x-vmail, the XOOPS module for voice emails, the time has come to release x-vboard. As the name says, it is some kind of a vocal-board, a little bit like the shoutbox module but without typing.

Here are some features of the x-vboard module:
- users can instantly record and listen to a server based pool of vocal messages even with a low bandwidth modem connection
- listen to existing voice messages, listed in a pulldown list, sorted chronologically
- shows the username of the voice message, subject-titel, date and time.
- instant playback of the message, streamed from server, using a tiny applet of www.vimas.com, coded specially for xoops. (Thanks to Sergey at Vimas Technologies, www.vimas.com)
- Pop-up recording window, acoustic preview, send to server, listen from server, status line.
- Excellent audio quality for voice messages, voice compression to 4800bps ( 36K per minute)
- demo applet of www.vimas.com limits the recording time per message to 20 sec. The licensed applet's recording time per message can be set in accordance with your own preferences.

Login

Who's Online

131 user(s) are online (73 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 131

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits