McNaz
Re: Different problem Slow download of index.php
  • 2006/9/11 14:16

• McNaz

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/4/21

I know this doesn't help much in this situation but....

I've never had performance issues with XOOPS sites that were directly related to Xoops. I've ran dozens of these during the past four years.

All my slowdowns were related to the server and the server not having adequate resources to deal with these requests. Often other users on shared hosting run intensive scripts that bring down all users. This used to happen often on shared serves, many of which are very over-subscribed.

My point is, there is always a point where the cheap $1.99 per year hosting deal will never be able to deal with your site as there are probably hundreds of similar sites on the same box chewing up dwindling resources. No amount of XOOPS tuning will help after a certain point and IMHO XOOPS is pretty optimised as it is.

You only solution would be bite the bullet and find a better provider or invest in a better hosting package.

Cheers.

Will_H
  • 2006/9/11 14:45

• Will_H

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/10/10

przemeks
  • 2006/9/11 15:04

• przemeks

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/1/29

Hello Biteronboard my DB has 41 tables, all of this tables are used, look at this:

prefix_avatar
prefix_avatar_user_link
prefix_banner
prefix_bannerclient
prefix_bannerfinish
prefix_block_module_link
prefix_config
prefix_configcategory
prefix_configoption
prefix_ctem_link
prefix_ctem_pagelink
prefix_groups
prefix_groups_users_link
prefix_group_permission
prefix_image
prefix_imagebody
prefix_imagecategory
prefix_imgset
prefix_imgsetimg
prefix_imgset_tplset_link
prefix_lastseen
prefix_modules
prefix_newblocks
prefix_online
prefix_priv_msgs
prefix_protector_access
prefix_protector_log
prefix_ranks
prefix_session
prefix_smiles
prefix_spotlight
prefix_stories
prefix_stories_files
prefix_stories_votedata
prefix_topics
prefix_tplfile
prefix_tplset
prefix_tplsource
prefix_users
prefix_xoopscomments
prefix_xoopsnotifications

I don't know what i should drop or turn down ?

Can You write simpler, I can't fully understand what You wrote in this topic:

https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=53165&forum=3&post_id=235024#forumpost235024

Which data of DB i should drop ?

Will_H
  • 2006/9/11 15:20

• Will_H

• Friend of XOOPS

turn on php_debug, and get the list of quesries on your index. Then post those.

przemeks
  • 2006/9/11 15:41

• przemeks

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/1/29

Queries form index.php:

SELECT FROM prefix_config WHERE (conf_modid '0' AND conf_catid '1'ORDER BY conf_order ASC
SELECT sess_data FROM prefix_session WHERE sess_id 
'795f14f40b21af3ded1c89e1d992f914'
SELECT FROM prefix_users WHERE uid=1
DELETE FROM prefix_protector_access WHERE expire 
UNIX_TIMESTAMP()
SELECT COUNT(*) FROM prefix_protector_access WHERE ip='82.160.2.94' AND request_uri='/index.php'
SELECT COUNT(*) FROM prefix_protector_access WHERE ip='82.160.2.94'
INSERT INTO prefix_protector_access SET ip='82.160.2.94',request_uri='/index.php',expire=UNIX_TIMESTAMP()+'60'
SELECT FROM prefix_config WHERE (conf_modid '0' AND conf_catid '3'ORDER BY conf_order ASC
SELECT DISTINCT gperm_itemid FROM prefix_group_permission WHERE gperm_name 
'block_read' AND gperm_modid AND gperm_groupid IN (1,2)
SELECT b.* FROM prefix_newblocks bprefix_block_module_link m WHERE m.block_id=b.bid AND b.isactive=AND b.visible=AND m.module_id IN (0,-1) AND b.bid IN (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22ORDER BY b.weight,b.bid
SELECT COUNT
(*) FROM prefix_priv_msgs WHERE (read_msg '0' AND to_userid '1')
SELECT f.*, s.tpl_source FROM prefix_tplfile f LEFT JOIN prefix_tplsource s ON s.tpl_id=f.tpl_id WHERE (tpl_tplset 'wide' AND tpl_file 'system_block_user.html'ORDER BY tpl_refid
SELECT f
.*, s.tpl_source FROM prefix_tplfile f LEFT JOIN prefix_tplsource s ON s.tpl_id=f.tpl_id WHERE (tpl_tplset 'wide' AND tpl_file 'system_block_search.html'ORDER BY tpl_refid
SELECT f
.*, s.tpl_source FROM prefix_tplfile f LEFT JOIN prefix_tplsource s ON s.tpl_id=f.tpl_id WHERE (tpl_tplset 'wide' AND tpl_file 'system_block_dummy.html'ORDER BY tpl_refid
SELECT news
autoimageauto_image FROM prefix_spotlight LIMIT 01
SELECT storyid
uidtitlehometextcommentstopicidpublishedcounter FROM prefix_stories WHERE storyid=716 LIMIT 01
SELECT uname
uid FROM prefix_users WHERE uid=1 LIMIT 01
SELECT topicid FROM prefix_stories WHERE topicid
=29 LIMIT 01
SELECT topic_imgurl FROM prefix_topics WHERE topic_id
=29 LIMIT 01
SELECT storyid
titlepublishedexpiredcounterhometext FROM prefix_stories WHERE published 1157990511 AND published AND (expired OR expired 1157990511) AND storyid != 716 ORDER BY published DESC LIMIT 010
SELECT f
.*, s.tpl_source FROM prefix_tplfile f LEFT JOIN prefix_tplsource s ON s.tpl_id=f.tpl_id WHERE (tpl_tplset 'wide' AND tpl_file 'news_block_spotlight.html'ORDER BY tpl_refid
SELECT 
FROM prefix_modules WHERE dirname 'news'
SELECT FROM prefix_config WHERE (conf_modid '6'ORDER BY conf_order ASC
SELECT s
.*, t.* FROM prefix_stories sprefix_topics t WHERE (published AND published <= 1157990511) AND (expired OR expired 1157990511) AND (s.topicid=t.topic_idORDER BY s.counter DESC LIMIT 010
SELECT 
FROM prefix_smiles
SELECT f
.*, s.tpl_source FROM prefix_tplfile f LEFT JOIN prefix_tplsource s ON s.tpl_id=f.tpl_id WHERE (tpl_tplset 'wide' AND tpl_file 'news_block_top.html'ORDER BY tpl_refid
SELECT s
.*, t.* FROM prefix_stories sprefix_topics t WHERE (published AND published <= 1157990512) AND (expired OR expired 1157990512) AND (s.topicid=t.topic_idORDER BY s.published DESC LIMIT 010
SELECT storyid FROM prefix_stories WHERE 
(published AND published <= 1157990512) AND (expired OR expired 1157990512ORDER BY published DESC
SELECT s
.*, t.* FROM prefix_stories sprefix_topics t WHERE (storyid=677) AND (s.topicid=t.topic_id)
SELECT s.*, t.* FROM prefix_stories sprefix_topics t WHERE (storyid=542) AND (s.topicid=t.topic_id)
SELECT s.*, t.* FROM prefix_stories sprefix_topics t WHERE (storyid=502) AND (s.topicid=t.topic_id)
SELECT s.*, t.* FROM prefix_stories sprefix_topics t WHERE (storyid=499) AND (s.topicid=t.topic_id)
SELECT s.*, t.* FROM prefix_stories sprefix_topics t WHERE (storyid=423) AND (s.topicid=t.topic_id)
SELECT s.*, t.* FROM prefix_stories sprefix_topics t WHERE (storyid=358) AND (s.topicid=t.topic_id)
SELECT s.*, t.* FROM prefix_stories sprefix_topics t WHERE (storyid=345) AND (s.topicid=t.topic_id)
SELECT s.*, t.* FROM prefix_stories sprefix_topics t WHERE (storyid=230) AND (s.topicid=t.topic_id)
SELECT s.*, t.* FROM prefix_stories sprefix_topics t WHERE (storyid=173) AND (s.topicid=t.topic_id)
SELECT s.*, t.* FROM prefix_stories sprefix_topics t WHERE (storyid=38) AND (s.topicid=t.topic_id)
SELECT f.*, s.tpl_source FROM prefix_tplfile f LEFT JOIN prefix_tplsource s ON s.tpl_id=f.tpl_id WHERE (tpl_tplset 'wide' AND tpl_file 'news_block_randomnews.html'ORDER BY tpl_refid
SELECT theme
titlesubtitlemetakeymetadesc FROM prefix_ctem_pagelink WHERE pid='1'
Total40 queries

I use cache for some blocks and those are queries on index.php if XOOPS send me cached data:

SELECT FROM wide_config WHERE (conf_modid '0' AND conf_catid '1'ORDER BY conf_order ASC
SELECT sess_data FROM wide_session WHERE sess_id 
'795f14f40b21af3ded1c89e1d992f914'
SELECT FROM wide_users WHERE uid=1
DELETE FROM wide_protector_access WHERE expire 
UNIX_TIMESTAMP()
SELECT COUNT(*) FROM wide_protector_access WHERE ip='82.160.2.94' AND request_uri='/index.php'
SELECT COUNT(*) FROM wide_protector_access WHERE ip='82.160.2.94'
INSERT INTO wide_protector_access SET ip='82.160.2.94',request_uri='/index.php',expire=UNIX_TIMESTAMP()+'60'
SELECT FROM wide_config WHERE (conf_modid '0' AND conf_catid '3'ORDER BY conf_order ASC
SELECT DISTINCT gperm_itemid FROM wide_group_permission WHERE gperm_name 
'block_read' AND gperm_modid AND gperm_groupid IN (1,2)
SELECT b.* FROM wide_newblocks bwide_block_module_link m WHERE m.block_id=b.bid AND b.isactive=AND b.visible=AND m.module_id IN (0,-1) AND b.bid IN (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22ORDER BY b.weight,b.bid
SELECT COUNT
(*) FROM wide_priv_msgs WHERE (read_msg '0' AND to_userid '1')
SELECT f.*, s.tpl_source FROM wide_tplfile f LEFT JOIN wide_tplsource s ON s.tpl_id=f.tpl_id WHERE (tpl_tplset 'wide' AND tpl_file 'system_block_user.html'ORDER BY tpl_refid
SELECT f
.*, s.tpl_source FROM wide_tplfile f LEFT JOIN wide_tplsource s ON s.tpl_id=f.tpl_id WHERE (tpl_tplset 'wide' AND tpl_file 'system_block_search.html'ORDER BY tpl_refid
SELECT f
.*, s.tpl_source FROM wide_tplfile f LEFT JOIN wide_tplsource s ON s.tpl_id=f.tpl_id WHERE (tpl_tplset 'wide' AND tpl_file 'system_block_dummy.html'ORDER BY tpl_refid
SELECT f
.*, s.tpl_source FROM wide_tplfile f LEFT JOIN wide_tplsource s ON s.tpl_id=f.tpl_id WHERE (tpl_tplset 'wide' AND tpl_file 'news_block_spotlight.html'ORDER BY tpl_refid
SELECT f
.*, s.tpl_source FROM wide_tplfile f LEFT JOIN wide_tplsource s ON s.tpl_id=f.tpl_id WHERE (tpl_tplset 'wide' AND tpl_file 'news_block_top.html'ORDER BY tpl_refid
SELECT f
.*, s.tpl_source FROM wide_tplfile f LEFT JOIN wide_tplsource s ON s.tpl_id=f.tpl_id WHERE (tpl_tplset 'wide' AND tpl_file 'news_block_randomnews.html'ORDER BY tpl_refid
SELECT theme
titlesubtitlemetakeymetadesc FROM wide_ctem_pagelink WHERE pid='1'
Total18 queries

Will_H
  • 2006/9/11 16:20

• Will_H

• Friend of XOOPS

Nothing seems out of the ordinary as far as your sql queries are concerned.

There is another trick you can do to see if its something you can fix.

Disable all the blocks exept for main menu and user menu.

See how well you page loads then.

If it loads fast, then you have just narrowed down your fix.

If this does not help, I am sorry to say that I concur with everyone else about your host.

Login

Who's Online

210 user(s) are online (117 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 210

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits