skenow
Crazy DB problem, I think
  • 2006/9/7 3:17

• skenow

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/11/17

Here's the basics (my last post was rejected because I went beyond the acceptable timeout), I'll explain more later, if needed.

* Multiple sites, XOOPS 2.0.13.2 and 2.0.14.
* Formulize 2.1 on all sites.
* Can't save views on some of them.
* class/xoopsform/formselect.php has been patched appropriately
* Mirrors are maintained on my test server (subfolders on the same root, same MySQL and configuration, same PHP and configuration, same database - just different table prefixes)
* One site on my test server works the other doesn't
* Compared files/folders with WinMerge - no differences, other than site specifics
* Copied module's tables from good site to bad site - didn't fix
* Pointed bad site at good DB tables (changed prefix in mainfile.php) - this fixed it!

*Can't find what in the DB is causing the problem - it doesn't appear to be the module's tables (remember I dropped and copied from good site)

Anybody have a little magic I can whip on the DB to find what's going on? I hate to have to drop an entire production site, reinstall XOOPS and restore DB only to find the problem still exists.

P.S. - I have also cleared /cache, /templates_c, the session table, cookies and browser cache. I've gone to default theme and template. Restarted my server, too.

One of the post variables appears to be involved in all of this - on the bad sites it passes as 0 instead of blank (normal) or the actual value (when saving). But, since I am using the same files, just different tables, how can this be happening? Other values that only get set when the first is the appropriate value are being set and passed properly.

jegelstaff
Re: Crazy DB problem, I think

Hi Steve,

FYI: I've posted another followup on dev.xoops.org:

http://dev.xoops.org/modules/xfmod/forum/forum.php?thread_id=2559&forum_id=746

Very odd, that's for sure!

--Julian
Technical Architect - Freeform Solutions
Formulize - custom registration forms, ad hoc forms and reports

skenow
Re: Crazy DB problem, I think
  • 2006/9/10 22:43

• skenow

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/11/17

Thanks, Julian

Well this certainly does not make any sense, but we have succeeded in correcting this problem by replacing every instance of 'saveid' and 'delviewid' in the formulize files with different values (saveid_formulize and delviewid_formulize). Somehow, somewhere the $_POST values for those fields was not being passed through and causing the problem. How it was connected to the DB, I don't think we'll ever know.

Glad to have it working again!

Login

Who's Online

408 user(s) are online (71 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 408

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits