nunomoc
How can I have drop-down menus with MOUSE ON like Xoops.org FORUM??
  • 2006/9/7 13:11

• nunomoc

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/4/23

Hi,

Three newbie questions about the XOOPS FORUM Template:

1st - I have a forum with CBB 3.04 installed and I don't like the way how the template is on my site, specially the Rate thread part...
Then I noticed that here on XOOPS you have a different bar with an automatic on mouse dropdown with Topic Options, Rate Thread, Search Forum, View Mode...

Is it a special template? Or is it just another different version from the module I use?

Because I'd like to use the same system on my site.

2nd - Where can I change the size of the text square on the REPLY Thread? The message table where we enter the text when we reply to a post...
I noticed that on the XOOPS forum it's smaller too...

3rd - Also I'd like to eliminate the space between the user posts. I noticed that here on XOOPS the posts don't have a space between them. On my site the posts have a little space between them when we are viewing a topic...

Thanks in advance for your help...

nunomoc
Re: How can I have drop-down menus with MOUSE ON like Xoops.org FORUM??
  • 2006/9/7 15:59

• nunomoc

• Just popping in

Is anyone out there that can help me here?

davidl2
  • 2006/9/7 16:05

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

Please be patient. Remember - we are volunteers, and we are from across the world... so some people may still be asleep at this time, or at real jobs

nunomoc
  • 2006/9/7 16:10

• nunomoc

• Just popping in

Sorry David. I'm just trying to figure out if this forum used any hack for the drop down menu. I'm making some changes cause I don't like my forum template and this one is really good...

[suspendTempri[suspended]

1. If you need this urgently - offer some money and you will find help faster.

2. You can find all those answers in the forum.

davidl2
  • 2006/9/7 16:17

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

At the moment I think the site uses one of the older CBB or Newbb versions (sorry - i've no idea which) so there may have been some styling changes between this and the newer releases.

It may be worth setting up a local XOOPS install on your own system, and trying the templates out in this.. and perhaps changing the current CBB ones to something similar (I wouldnt recommend using an old module, but perhaps you can copy some of the styles from an older template?)

nunomoc
  • 2006/9/7 16:24

• nunomoc

• Just popping in

Quote:

Tempri wrote:
1. If you need this urgently - offer some money and you will find help faster.

2. You can find all those answers in the forum.

Thank you so much for your precious help...
Just for you to know, I'm not the kind of guy who just posts stupid questions without searching the forum first.
I used the XOOPS search and the Google search and I didn't find anything related to my question.

If you've found something I didn't, you could have given some directions instead of giving these kind of answers...

But thanks for taking the effort of answering my post with your great knowledge. You've helped me a lot...

davidl2
  • 2006/9/7 16:26

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

(I hope my post helped a little?)

nunomoc
  • 2006/9/7 16:34

• nunomoc

• Just popping in

Quote:

davidl2 wrote:
(I hope my post helped a little?)

Thanks David. I was talking to the genius who found out that the answer may be somewhere in this forum.

Anyway, Before I posted the question here, I checked the forum version of Xoops.org and it seems to be using Newbb 2.0.2 (just checked the changelog file). I just wonder if this could be a hack, because the forum is very much the same as CBB 3.04 (the version I have)...

My forum has some template things I don't like about it and it would be perfect if I found a way of altering the template to make it look like this...

The problem is I don't know which files have to be altered in order to change the menu, the distance between posts, etc...

But thanks for taking the time to answer my questions

davidl2
  • 2006/9/7 16:38

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

I would try and help further if I could, but templates... they're something I'm not very good with

Anyway, good luck with your challenge - and I'm sure that someone else may be able to assist further then myself.

Login

Who's Online

245 user(s) are online (158 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 245

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits