JamesSAEP
PD-Downloads - error
  • 2006/8/14 17:25

• JamesSAEP

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2005/2/28

I'm trying to upload a ZIP file but the process errors with the following display:

MIME type not allowed: application/x-download

What would cause this error if the file is a "Zip" format and how would I correct it?

Thanks.

Bender
Re: PD-Downloads - error
  • 2006/8/14 17:57

• Bender

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/3/10

Did you edit Mimetypes?

For every extension there are usually several mimetypes listed. If this one is not in the listing for .zip you need to add it.

Always seperate definitions with a blank. At least thats the way its done in wf-downloads which pd-downloads is a fork of. I assume they did not change the way this is handled. (havenĀ“t touched pd-downloads in quite some time).
Sorry, this signature is experiencing technical difficulties. We will return you to the sheduled signature as soon as possible ...

JamesSAEP
  • 2006/8/14 18:11

• JamesSAEP

• Just can't stay away

Yeah, .ZIP is in the MIME types and is "allowed" by users and admins.

I compaired the listed mime types in the management between wf and pd. They are the same.

Any idea?

JamesSAEP
  • 2006/8/14 18:23

• JamesSAEP

• Just can't stay away

I've just tried to upload a zip file to wf-downlaods and it failed w/ the same error. So, I'm wondering if there is a settings somewhere in Apache or another server config file (Linux) that changed?

The server is Fedora Core 5
Apache 2.2
PHP 5
MySQL 5

Thoughts?

davidl2
  • 2006/8/14 18:25

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

Check the exact extension... is it .zip, .ZIP or even .Zip - I think the mimetype setup will not recognise them as being the same.

JamesSAEP
  • 2006/8/14 18:28

• JamesSAEP

• Just can't stay away

All extensions are lowercase zip in the file name and in the mime type managements area.

Bender
  • 2006/8/17 15:11

• Bender

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/3/10

JamesSAEP just to make sure:

Your definition for .zip looks like this?

Quote:
application/zip application/x-zip application/x-zip-compressed application/octet-stream application/x-compress application/x-compressed multipart/x-zip application/x-download

If thats really the case please send me the zip file in question. If its non public stuff you could remove the content and send me only the remaining empty zip.
Sorry, this signature is experiencing technical difficulties. We will return you to the sheduled signature as soon as possible ...

JamesSAEP
  • 2006/8/17 15:26

• JamesSAEP

• Just can't stay away

Thanks, Bender.

That was too easy of a fix!!!!!

johnnyCMS
  • 2006/9/5 1:36

• johnnyCMS

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/9/4 1

Quote:

Bender wrote:
JamesSAEP just to make sure:

Your definition for .zip looks like this?

Quote:
application/zip application/x-zip application/x-zip-compressed application/octet-stream application/x-compress application/x-compressed multipart/x-zip application/x-download

If thats really the case please send me the zip file in question. If its non public stuff you could remove the content and send me only the remaining empty zip.

I just installed Xoops. Very good install. But I'm having problems with the same problem. I'm on IIS, php5. I get:

Errors Returned While Uploading
MIME type not allowed: application/x-zip-compressed

I found a file in the class directory:

mimetypes.inc.php

In there I found zip:

"zip" => "application/zip",

I edited to be:

"zip" => "application/zip application/zip application/x-zip application/x-zip-compressed application/octet-stream application/x-compress application/x-compressed multipart/x-zip application/x-download application/x-zip-compressed
",

It doesn't work. I was hoping you could help me. Thanks for any help. I tried this without commas in the "", just blanks.

johnnyCMS
  • 2006/9/5 2:07

• johnnyCMS

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/9/4 1

Sorry to reply to myself, but I figured out from another helpful thread that I was trying to upload to the templates. I am trying to use a theme. Sorry.

Login

Who's Online

196 user(s) are online (141 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 196

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits