VampireKitte
Notice [PHP] directly after installation?

Hello XOOPS people,

I just installed a brand new XOOPS cms to my system and I can't seem to get it to stop giving me the following problems at the bottom of the pages:

Quote:
Notice [PHP]: Only variables should be assigned by reference in file include/common.php line 215
Notice [PHP]: Only variables should be assigned by reference in file kernel/config.php line 239
Notice [PHP]: Only variables should be assigned by reference in file kernel/config.php line 239
Notice [PHP]: Undefined index: theme in file kernel/object.php line 279
Notice [PHP]: Undefined index: theme in file kernel/object.php line 280
Notice [PHP]: Undefined index: theme in file kernel/object.php line 375
Notice [PHP]: Only variables should be assigned by reference in file kernel/groupperm.php line 229
Notice [PHP]: Only variables should be assigned by reference in file kernel/blockinstance.php line 169
Notice [PHP]: Only variable references should be returned by reference in file kernel/blockinstance.php line 111
Notice [PHP]: Only variables should be assigned by reference in file modules/system/blocks/system_blocks.php line 151
Notice [PHP]: Only variables should be assigned by reference in file kernel/groupperm.php line 229
Notice [PHP]: Only variables should be assigned by reference in file modules/system/blocks/system_blocks.php line 154
Notice [PHP]: Only variables should be assigned by reference in file modules/system/blocks/system_blocks.php line 159
Notice [PHP]: Only variables should be assigned by reference in file modules/system/blocks/system_blocks.php line 159
Notice [PHP]: Undefined variable: xoopsConfig in file modules/xcgal/language/english/modinfo.php line 97

I tried looking at the lines where the issues we're located, but this being an all new thing for me, I don't have any clue how to fix the problem.

Please help!

-VK

davidl2
Re: Notice [PHP] directly after installation?
  • 2006/8/30 9:55

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

Which version of XOOPS have you installed?

VampireKitte

XOOPS 2.2.3 Final

davidl2
  • 2006/8/30 9:59

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

If you've only just installed this, you would be better to remove and install 2.0.15 instead.

2.2.3 is a branch of XOOPS that, although it will still be supported, is not the ideal one to install from scratch.

(Xoops is slowly moving to a new version 2.3 - but users of 2.2 because of internal differences in the code, will have to wait longer until 2.4. Users of 2.0.15 will be able to move to the next major release more easily)

davidl2
  • 2006/8/30 10:02

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

The problems explained in this thread - the solutions easy to disable the error message.

davidl2
  • 2006/8/30 10:04

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

ps - re my earlier post about 2.2.3... this "branch" (2.2) of XOOPS isn't abandoned... it's just that users of this one have to wait longer for the next major updates, so if you have only just installed... it may be easier to re-install 2.0.15 to prevent delays.

Login

Who's Online

361 user(s) are online (67 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 361

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits