CeBepuH
Re: google-adsense reliable or not?
  • 2006/8/26 14:13

• CeBepuH

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2002/6/10

1. Hmmm. Come to think of it I've managed to show ads when I'm testing changes on a localhost. So that might not really indicate anything. The problem might be that the Adsense bot is not able to crawl your pages. Try checking in your logs if Mediapartners-Google has been around recently.

Also try setting in your preferences in Google Adsense public servicese ads to be showed when there are no other ads to show. Try selecting the 468x68 not only for text but for images as well. I guess those changes would generate you some new code.

2. Sure. I'm running this site with FCH and Adsense for quite a number of months. Notice I have 2 ad areas: the top and the bottom left block. Ads are mostly served in the top area. If any relevant ads are left they'll show in my left area. Thge average number of shows and clicks has remained roughly the same before and after applying FCH.

Just a short explanation why caching won't stop Google ads: your code consist of some parameters (your publisher id, id of channel, type and colour scheme of ads) that are passed to a javascript somewhere on one of Google's servers. What happens is a user loads a page and his (or hers) browser first gets the parameters for the ad and then downloads the significant javscript code from Google and then executes it. I would actually recommend turning on caching for a block with google ads.

3. I see you are running the ads through the XOOPS banners administration. Try pasting your code directly into your theme in place of <{$xoops_banner}>. Come to think of it: do that first before anything else.
Humans need fantasy to be humans. To be the place where the fallen angel meets the rising ape.

irmtfan
  • 2006/8/26 15:02

• irmtfan

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/12/7

1- i add google adsense crawler in my robots.txt
see:
www.jadoogaran.org/robots.txt

and how can i check logs?

also for channel i have no channel yet.

3- i change my theme now but no difference

CeBepuH
  • 2006/8/26 18:21

• CeBepuH

• Not too shy to talk

Quote:

irmtfan wrote:

3- i change my theme now but no difference

Well, by looking at your theme the code right now is a mess. This is what you have:

<script type="text/javascript"><!--<br />google_ad_client "pub-7587917694686014";<br />google_alternate_color "D0BC8A";<br />google_ad_width 468;<br />google_ad_height 60;<br />google_ad_format "468x60_as";<br />google_ad_type "text";<br />google_ad_channel ="";<br />google_color_border "D0BC8A";<br />google_color_bg "D0BC8A";<br />google_color_link "FF6600";<br />google_color_text "000000";<br />google_color_url "993300";<br />//--></script><br /><script type="text/javascript"<br />  src="http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/show_ads.js"><br /></script>

You should not have any linebreaks (br) in your code! You have a linebreak even in the middle of the script tag which will break the code.

Go and generate it again from google ads and careful when you are pasting it. Your editor might do you tricks. Look for example how mine looks:

<script type="text/javascript"><!--
google_ad_client "deleting client number here";
google_alternate_color "000000";
google_ad_width 468;
google_ad_height 60;
google_ad_format "468x60_as";
google_ad_type "text_image";
google_ad_channel ="deleting number here";
google_color_border = ["333333","000000","000000"];
google_color_bg = ["000000","333333","999999"];
google_color_link "FFFFFF";
google_color_url = ["CC0033","FFFFFF","FFFFFF"];
google_color_text = ["CCCCCC","CCCCCC","FFFFFF"];
//--></script>

<script type="text/javascript"

src="http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/show_ads.js">
</
script>

See the difference?
Humans need fantasy to be humans. To be the place where the fallen angel meets the rising ape.

irmtfan
  • 2006/8/26 21:39

• irmtfan

• Module Developer

ok i change it and still failed.
in my localhost exactly this code in banner works fine. why it dosent work in running site?

ٍEdit:
for example it works in edit of news
http://www.jadoogaran.org/modules/news/submit.php?op=edit&storyid=1878

CeBepuH
  • 2006/8/27 5:56

• CeBepuH

• Not too shy to talk

I notice you are running EMLH. I don't know its inner workings and I have never used it but I noticed that when I visit a page in your site and then switch from Farsi to English I get and an ad in the new loaded page. If I continue browsing in English I don't see any more ads. When I switch back to Farsi I receive another ad and then no more ads if I continue to browse.

You can try disabling EMLH for test purposes to see what will it happen.

irmtfan
  • 2006/8/27 9:14

• irmtfan

• Module Developer

In the old server and also in the local i install fch, emlh and all modules with my theme and it works fine.

so i think it just can be possible from my server setting.

i had some other problems with my new server because it set to be private.

see this problem about my smpt:
https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=52507&forum=7&post_id=231931#forumpost231931

also i had another problem with cron job and send back to me this deamon email:
/bin/sh: /usr/bin/wget: Permission denied

support correct these 2 for me but about Google adsense they send me this:
Quote:
Im sorry but we can not directly support 3rd party code. You will need to contact google for help.

so i just think its another restrict in the server setting.

for sure i manage to install a test site in sub-domain and test if google ads works on that or not.
or just a html page could be shown everything?

tell you the result.

Edit:
ok i do this:
1- save my home page in english.
2- change the name to test.html
3- upload it in root of localhost and my running site

and google ads works fine in both.
http://www.jadoogaran.org/test.html

now you think its just emlh that causes problem?
emlh is not active in admin but i also have problem there.

CeBepuH
  • 2006/8/27 9:47

• CeBepuH

• Not too shy to talk

Hmmm...

I'm not sure what server setting can have that effect on Google ads.

If this can be any help: what the adsense javascript does is to generate an iframe in which to show the ad. But then again that happens on the client browser side and not the server side.

irmtfan
  • 2006/8/27 14:12

• irmtfan

• Module Developer

I disable emlh and it doesnt work.

im very confusing about this and try to contact support again.hope they can solve it.

irmtfan
  • 2006/8/28 14:08

• irmtfan

• Module Developer

i install a fresh 2.0.15 and still it doesnt work:
http://www.jadoogaran.org/d

it just work in view profile page
http://www.jadoogaran.org/d/userinfo.php?uid=1

CeBepuH
  • 2006/8/28 20:38

• CeBepuH

• Not too shy to talk

Well, right now onhttp://www.jadoogaran.org/d i see ads on every accessible place: homepage, lost password, register, and the profile page.

Login

Who's Online

183 user(s) are online (116 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 183

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits