mijuv2
system module problem on 2.0.14
  • 2006/8/4 10:21

• mijuv2

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/6/21

first off, when you go to my site the url readshttp://www.mysite.com/modules/news/? , does anyone know where this extra questino mark is coming from (i have not modified XOOPS in anyway)

secondly (and moreimportantly) in the system module when you select preferences --> mail setup the url that XOOPS gives is

http://www.mysite.com/modules/system/admin.php?fct=preferences&op=show&confcat_id=6

but you get this instead:

ERROR
The requested URL could not be retrieved

While trying to retrieve the URL:http://www.mysite.com/modules/system/admin.php?

The following error was encountered:

Zero Sized Reply
Squid did not receive any data for this request.

would it have anything to do with that extra ? at the end of admin.php and if it is how is this fixed / removed?

McNaz
Re: system module problem on 2.0.14
  • 2006/8/4 11:25

• McNaz

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/4/21

Quote:
Zero Sized Reply
Squid did not receive any data for this request.

Squid is a web proxy, which makes me wonder if there is a configuration issue there. I am aware with no problems with the XOOPS System module.

Have you tried bypassing your proxy?

mijuv2
  • 2006/8/22 11:55

• mijuv2

• Just popping in

no i haven't what would be the best way of doing this in XOOPS or does it need to be done server side?

Bender
  • 2006/8/22 16:01

• Bender

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/3/10

Nothing you can do in XOOPS about it. Actually this problem is found quite often when you google for it.

Here is what the squid developers have to say about it:

Quote:
Why do I sometimes get ``Zero Sized Reply''?

This happens when Squid makes a TCP connection to an origin server, but for some reason, the connection is closed before Squid reads any data. Depending on various factors, Squid may be able to retry the request again. If you see the ``Zero Sized Reply'' error message, it means that Squid was unable to retry, or that all retry attempts also failed.

What causes a connection to close prematurely? It could be a number of things, including:
An overloaded origin server.
TCP implementation/interoperability bugs. See the System-Dependent Weirdnesses section for details.
Race conditions with HTTP persistent connections.
Buggy or misconfigured NAT boxes, firewalls, and load-balancers.
Denial of service attacks.
Utilizing TCP blackholing on FreeBSD.

You may be able to use tcpdump to track down and observe the problem.

Some users believe the problem is caused by very large cookies. One user reports that his Zero Sized Reply problem went away when he told Internet Explorer to not accept third-party cookies.

Here are some things you can try to reduce the occurance of the Zero Sized Reply error:
Delete or rename your cookie file and configure your browser to prompt you before accepting any new cookies.
Disable HTTP persistent connections with the server_persistent_connections and client_persistent_connections directives.
Disable any advanced TCP features on the Squid system. Disable ECN on Linux with echo 0 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_ecn/.
Upgrade to Squid-2.5.STABLE4 or later to work around a Host header related bug in Cisco PIX HTTP inspection. The Cisco PIX firewall wrongly assumes the Host header can be found in the first packet of the request.

If this error causes serious problems for you and the above does not help, Squid developers would be happy to help you uncover the problem. However, we will require high-quality debugging information from you, such as tcpdump output, server IP addresses, operating system versions, and access.log entries with full HTTP headers.
Sorry, this signature is experiencing technical difficulties. We will return you to the sheduled signature as soon as possible ...

mijuv2
  • 2006/8/22 20:52

• mijuv2

• Just popping in

excellent bender thank you VERY much for that , i'm gonna show that to our dedicated server admin and get him to sort it

Login

Who's Online

183 user(s) are online (120 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 183

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits