yassineraki
Email settings
  • 2006/8/22 13:30

• yassineraki

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/8/18

Hi,

I just installed XOOPS on my machine under windows XP. Actually I'm running the sytem locally in order to adapt it to my needs.
However, I'm facing problems concerning the activation of users via email (no mail is sent). I don't know which type of configuration to select. Moreover, I'm wondering if there is a way to achieve this without running a mail server.

Thank you for your help..

RAKI Y. Yassine

[size=xx-small][Edit by Bender]: Please don´t shout at us. Thanks. (Subject modified) [/size]

khuhner
Re: EMAil SETTINGS
  • 2006/8/22 13:56

• khuhner

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2006/1/6 3

If you are running locally and you want to send email notifications, you'll need to run a SMPT server, whihc really defeats the 'local' part :) .

However since you are running locally you probably dont have one. I also setup my site locally, but I manually activated users via MySql or PhpAdmin.

Kurt

welcro
  • 2006/8/25 13:31

• welcro

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/8/25

I'm also running local, and can't send email notifications
Kurt:
In what tabel and field are you manually activating the users?

/welcro

Bender
Re: Email settings
  • 2006/8/25 15:21

• Bender

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/3/10

In your site administration:

Preferences Main »» User Info Settings

Switch Select activation type of newly registered users to Activation by administrators

To find inactive accounts:

System Admin »» Find users

Check the field Only inactive users to get a list of those and you can then select users and activate their account.

(all this for XOOPS 2.0.x)
Sorry, this signature is experiencing technical difficulties. We will return you to the sheduled signature as soon as possible ...

khuhner
  • 2006/8/26 1:15

• khuhner

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2006/1/6 3

If yo stick with the email activation, locate the user by using the Find User link on the System icon in Admin. Press "Edit" user and it will ask you if you want to activate the user.

Otherwise Benders idea of activation by Administrator is jsut as good if not better for your situation.

Kurt

Login

Who's Online

509 user(s) are online (71 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 509

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits