Drupal-Malay
Username more than 12 characters?

As my username showed it - XOOPS username is limited to 12 characters including hypen `-'

Is this default of XOOPS installed with Fantastico?

Or do we have to have some new modules for usernames?

Another is user profile - what is the module for Profile which can match Drupal userprofiles?

Now I am here just to help my clients who used XOOPS - I dont have anything bad to say about it, nor I dont expect to be chased away from this forum, but my clients are interested in using XOOPS and they start pestering me by comparing what they thought is default Drupal but unachievable in Xoops.

Without having the access to the domain, I really cannot help them. If something is not default features of Xoops, I can only instruct them to download particular modules and upload it to the correct folders.

See
http://terasmelayu.net/online

http://eb2us.com

Nice stuff, but without additional modules and access to the domain (I have access to the site only) I cannot help beyond what is basic and default.

Cheers all and May Allah bless you

msdana
Re: Username more than 12 characters?
  • 2006/8/21 13:05

• msdana

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2005/12/11

Quote:
As my username showed it - XOOPS username is limited to 12 characters including hypen `-'

Is this default of XOOPS installed with Fantastico?

Or do we have to have some new modules for usernames?

You can set the maximum length of the user name in User Info Setting in the preferences.

Quote:
Another is user profile - what is the module for Profile which can match Drupal userprofiles?

While I'm not familiar with Drupal userprofiles, there are a few modules available dealing with user profiles. A search in the Module Repository as well as XOOPS News > Modules will answer this question. (or someone familiar with Drupal)

To learn more about Xoops, visit the Xoops documentation site and browse these forums.

Good luck and happy Xoopsing
[size=x-small]If God is watching us, the least we can do is be entertaining.[/size]
Graphic Worx : Xoops Themes

Login

Who's Online

436 user(s) are online (105 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 1

Guests: 435

jjdai,

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Aug 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!