Supertech
Problems after setting up Google Analytics, My site appears to only show in HTML. Please help!!
  • 2006/8/19 3:31

• Supertech

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/8/5 0

I had my site up and running ok, until I tried to setup Google Analytics. I followed the the suggestions about placing their html code in my themes theme.html file. It appeared to be in the right location according to my Google analytic account information. The problem I believe happened when i changed the setting in the system general preferences.

Check templates for modifications ?

If this option is enabled, modified templates will be automatically recompiled when they are displayed. You must turn this option off on a production site. Yes No

I set this to Yes.

When I went back to my home page it appeared to be in HTML.

What can I do? I really hope someone can help, I'm stuck. Thank you, in advance for your help.

Your friend, Supertech.

zimmi88
Re: Problems after setting up Google Analytics, My site appears to only show in HTML. Please help!!
  • 2006/8/19 5:42

• zimmi88

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/3/9 1

Hmmm... looks like your site is displaying the smarty variables rather than printing the content in place of the smarty vars.

Personally, I've deployed Google Analytics on my network and I've had no problems with it. Did you put the code provided just before the </body> tag? Check your theme file for errors.

Also, set the system preference you described to "No" and see if that changes anything.

If you're still having problems, feel free to post back for more assistance. Good luck with your site!
-zimmi88 =)

EDIT:
-----
Oooooohhhhh... just looked at the source output... for the smarty vars, it's using lt and gt (left incomplete so the text renders correctly) tags when it should be using < and >, respectively. Try finding & replacing the "&" tags with < and >.
"Need coffee, keep away..."

Supertech
Re: Problems after setting up Google Analytics, My site appears to only show in HTML. Please help!!
  • 2006/8/19 11:19

• Supertech

• Just popping in

Thanks Zimmie88, I'll give that a try and post back. It may be a couple of days, I'm just getting ready to walk out the door to go out of town for a couple of days. But, when I return I'll definitely do that, again thanks.

Supertech
  • 2006/8/19 11:43

• Supertech

• Just popping in

One more question before I go out the door. Where or what file would I need to look in for the smarty vars? Your help is greatly appreciated. Thanks again.

Supertech
  • 2006/8/19 13:06

• Supertech

• Just popping in

Just one more thing I forgot to mention. I currently don't have access to my website at all. I'm really stuck. Any further help will be greatly appreciated. Again thanks inadvance.

zimmi88
  • 2006/8/19 17:53

• zimmi88

• Just popping in

Your main theme file is located in themes/your_theme/theme.html. In this file, you should typically see variables defined using the tag <{$smarty_var}>. When the Smarty Template Engine (a major core component of Xoops) sees this tag, it'll fill that section with the content that the tag calls for.

Also, please clarify what you mean by you don't have access to your site. Has your site totally disappeared for you (because it's showing up on my computer)? Can you not access the admin pages? Can you not access your site's FTP?

-zimmi88 =)

Supertech
  • 2006/8/21 23:07

• Supertech

• Just popping in

I went to my editor and pulled up my theme.html file and replaced all of the & sings with <and>. So far this didn't help. I went in and cleared my template_c dir also. Still no luck.
Also, I mentioned that I don't have access to my site. I can see it like you do, (side note, I'm using the Dream_on theme)but I can't get to my login screen anymore. Unless you have a nice trick up your sleeve I'm stuck or at least have hit a road block for now.

Do you know if there is a way for me to change my theme or something along those lines to get my access login back?

I can attach my theme.html file here if you think it will help. Once again, thank you very, very much for your time and patience. Hopefully someday I'll be able to return the favor.

Supertech
  • 2006/8/22 20:19

• Supertech

• Just popping in

Well, I'm back on the Web. I had to do it the hard way, but it worked. My solution was to login to phpmyadmin and backup my database. After that I went in and deleted all of my XOOPS files under my public_html directory. Next I reloaded the files in the htdocs directory and loaded the individual modules and the theme I am using. Next, I copied the tables in my backup directory in phpmyadmin to the database that I created when I reinstalled Xoops.
I just wanted to say THANKS Zimmi88 for your time and help. XOOPS works because of people like you, willing to help out a beginner like me.

zimmi88
  • 2006/8/22 20:24

• zimmi88

• Just popping in

Glad I was able to help. Remember, if you have any more problems with your site, feel free to start up a new topic. The XOOPS forums are full of people that are always willing to help out.

Good luck with your website!
-zimmi88 =)

Login

Who's Online

248 user(s) are online (160 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 248

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits