Dowdy
Personalize the xoops website
  • 2006/8/18 16:20

• Dowdy

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/8/18

I am using XAMPP and the latest XOOPS 2.0.14. I have searched both XOOPS forums and the web on the subject personalizing the website. I found one website which have information on this subject posted in 2004. It refers to a mod for the Header and the Theme which states the following:

if ($xoopsUser != '') {
$xoopsTpl->assign(array('xoops_isuser' => true, 'xoops_userid' =>
$xoopsUser->getVar('uid'), 'xoops_uname' => $xoopsUser->getVar('uname'), 'xoops_urname' =>
$xoopsUser->getVar('name'), 'xoops_isadmin' =>
$xoopsUserIsAdmin));

For example, in my modified 7dana theme

<{if $xoops_isuser}>Welcome <{$xoops_uname}>. Your
Account
 | Logout
<{else}>Welcome Guest. Register  | Sign In
<{/if}>
<{$smarty.now|date_format:"%a, %b %e, %Y | %H:%M %Z"}> 

Replacing <{$xoops_uname}> with <{$xoops_urname}>, now I can address you by your real name, of course providing that you have given me your real name .

In the example, if you don't have all users' real names, then you would have to use <{if}> tag to use alternate <{$xoops_uname}> if the real name field is blank

Problem: I am unable to find this code in the Header.php instead found it in the xoops13_header.php.

Question: Is there a way to personalize the users login to show the users real name instead of the users login ID? These changes I made to the Xoops13_header and the theme web page did not work for me, instead only removed the uname from the welcome message.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Login

Who's Online

506 user(s) are online (48 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 506

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits