jimbofoxman
HELP: Problem modifying leftcolumn....

Could someone hop over to my site and tell me why the left column is showing so small despite having (for test purposes) it set to 300px?

You'll have to select the theme, 'ipmskala' to see it.

http://www.ipmskalamazoo.org/

Thanks!

Bassman
Re: HELP: Problem modifying leftcolumn....
  • 2006/8/7 2:22

• Bassman

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/5/23

Because your theme is a fixed width, your centre column content is squashing the left column.

jimbofoxman

So is my other theme, but that one works. Besides, if I define the left and right column sizes, shouldn't that force the center to expand or contract?

Bassman
  • 2006/8/7 3:14

• Bassman

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/5/23

depends, if you have your center column set at width:100% it may not.

BTW you are missing a closing bracket on one of your style declarations, that may be contributing to the problem.

*Edit* In firefox it is indeed different. I also noticed you used the wrong method of "commenting out" things in your CSS. You can't use HTML or PHP comment tags, the correct way is to use /* comment here*/ tags. Firefox probably doesn't like that either.

jimbofoxman

Ok, think I got the commented things redone correctly and found the missing '}'. Commented out the 100% for the center column. All seems to work now. Just gotta change over my png files to gif files so Internet Craphole......errrr......I mean Explorer sees things properly.

Login

Who's Online

481 user(s) are online (61 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 481

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits