Bender
Re: Unable to upload attachments
  • 2006/8/5 21:18

• Bender

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/3/10

Grab it from >>> here <<<
Sorry, this signature is experiencing technical difficulties. We will return you to the sheduled signature as soon as possible ...

mesol
  • 2006/8/6 3:38

• mesol

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2006/4/19

thanks for make it availabe for me.

not try yet, just downloading it.

mesol
  • 2006/8/6 3:50

• mesol

• Not too shy to talk

i already overwite uploader.php under class directory. problem still hapen.

this is error message.

Errors Returned While Uploading
No file uploaded

What should i do now?

stefan88
  • 2006/8/6 19:04

• stefan88

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2004/9/20

Do you have access to web server log files - if yes search for clues there ...

Check file size and type, permissions - xoops, module, folder (CMOD) and so on ...

Check in php.ini file for allowed file size for upload, also there check the upload temp dir path if it is set and correct ...

mesol
  • 2006/8/6 23:06

• mesol

• Not too shy to talk

i quite noobs here, could u explain in detail.

moreover, i also have ahard time to upload picture in news version 1.44

stefan88
  • 2006/8/7 10:42

• stefan88

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2004/9/20

first something I forgot: try to enable PHP Debug in XOOPS admin -> system -> preferences -> general -> debug mode and see if there are some clues. There will be many Notices, but that is normal, look for Warnings and errors.

Now, about the log files - the web server logs some events in files. It depends on the server and settings where they are stored. It could be several of them - for access, for errors ... If you use services of hosting company, you may not have access to those files and need to contact the support. An apache error log looks something like:

PHP Warning:  Unknown(): Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (/var/lib/php4in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning
:  set_time_limit(): Cannot set time limit in safe mode in /var/www/html/db.php on line 23
PHP Warning
:  session_start(): open(/var/lib/php4/sess_d54b81024cf2O_RDWRfailedNo such file or directory (2in /var/www/html/db.php on line 25
PHP Warning
:  Unknown(): Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (/var/lib/php4in Unknown on line 0
[Mon May 29 20:20:56 2006] [error] [client 192.168.1.2] (13)Permission deniedfile permissions deny server access: /var/www/html/modules/rmms/uploads/logo_6E_feLCC.gif

modsec is apache module that provide aditional security for apache server. It may have separate log file. However it usually it gives 403 Forbiden error if it block something, so probably that is not the problem.

most modules have a settong about allowed file types, size and so on as well as the upload folder for that module.

php.ini is file that have settings for PHP. It may not be accessible for you too. it has this settings that may change/limit uploads:

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
; File Uploads ;
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

; Whether to allow HTTP file uploads.
file_uploads = On

; Temporary directory for HTTP uploaded files (will use system default if not
; specified).
upload_tmp_dir = /??????/??????/

; Maximum allowed size for uploaded files.
upload_max_filesize = ????????M

could have more depending on server/settings.

If you use hosting service try to contact the support, explain the problem and they may be able to track it.

If you use test sistem on your computer (XAMP for example) you will have access to all settings/log files

Login

Who's Online

238 user(s) are online (151 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 238

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits