ghettonet
Need Suggestions for Charity-related project
  • 2006/8/4 0:07

• ghettonet

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/12/4

Last fall I was involved with the quakehelp.net project (we managed to gather and send over 5 tons of sleeping bags and tents to the earthquake victims in Pakistan and India from collection points in 6 states). That was....quite an undertaking, and we learned and experienced a lot of the pitfalls of organizing a charity campaign online. What I'm working on is "packaging" a XOOPS install with a lot of standard modules and some good documentation to allow others to do this a LOT easier than we did (we were all Rochester Institute of Technology students with some great faculty guidence, and it was still a rough ride). So what I'm doing is taking it and configuring it with some modules (wiki, usermap, forums, etc) with a decent theme and some docs and packing it up with the sql dump files. The only thing I need help with is I would like to integrate Google Maps with it, and the module is....confusing me. If anyone has a second and can give me a quick explanation of what it even is, i would be grateful. Also, I would appreciate any suggestions on my little project. My goal is to make it as easy and quick as possible for someone to get a project like that up and running.

Login

Who's Online

222 user(s) are online (150 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 222

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits