ravinata
XOOPS - Concurrency and performance
  • 2006/8/3 16:27

• ravinata

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/7/23

Hello,

It has been only a few weeks I am using XOOPS for my website.
Since it is a portal and many users are using the website concurrently (posting messages in forums, chatting etc..), and adding to this there is heavy usage of the backend database too.

so, given all this scenarios, is XOOPS framework robust enought to handle approx. 500 concurrent users ? I understand the hosting of the website has to be robust too. But, assuming that hosting is great, what is the expected performance of XOOPS. any throughput / statistics ? I would be interested to see.

in my current website, I often see 'internal error' if you are a XOOPS admin click here... etc.. (to enable debug). Obviouslly, none of us want the users to see this. so, how do we avoid this ? is this due to just 1 module ? in other words, if 1 module does not work, does it affect the entire website.

I appreciate any info. from the support /tech staff.

RN

ghettonet
Re: XOOPS - Concurrency and performance
  • 2006/8/3 17:42

• ghettonet

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/12/4

well, the Xoops.org site uses XOOPS - and it's really busy. I don't think that I've personally seen less than 150 people on here. If you do a search for the biggest or busiest XOOPS sites there is a thread detailing some of the biggest ones. As for the database errors, that would seem to be a problem with your database itself, not with XOOPS (as it's your database that's throwing the error, not the webserver).

Login

Who's Online

243 user(s) are online (157 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 243

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits