MrSpocksSon
Blank Page on clean install -- already read the FAQ and Forum
  • 2006/7/30 16:13

• MrSpocksSon

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/7/30

I have gotten the dreaded blank page after a clean install of the OS.

I have installed/reinstalled xoops, php, mysql, etc. Even tried different versions all with the same result set -- just a blank page after the install script.

I get through the installer without issue (all green lights). I have turned on all debugging -- including the MySQL debug line, but as soon as I get the "click here to see your website" at the end of the install, I get a blank page -- no debug errors. I have tried going to admin.php and user.php and get blank pages. I have used IE6, 7, Opera 9, Firefox 1.5, and 2 and get no debug errors -- just a blank page after the install script.

I can get a nice phpinfo page to display in the browser and phpMyAdmin works, so I do not think it is a PHP installation issue.

I have installed XOOPS before, but for some reason I cannot get this one to work for me. I must be missing some critical step or parameter. I have reviewed all the blank page forums and the FAQ to no avail.

Here is my config:
Win2003 Standard
IIS 6
PHP 4.4.2 (configured as CGI - tried both installer and zip install)
MySQL 4.1.18 Essentials
Xoops 2.0.14 (and tried 2.0.13.2)

Thanks for your assistance.

MrSpocksSon
Re: Blank Page on clean install -- already read the FAQ and Forum
  • 2006/7/30 16:48

• MrSpocksSon

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/7/30

Looks like it is a permissions problem. I only had the IUSR account with read/write permissions on the three directories, and mainfile.php.

For IIS users, please consider the following permissions on the three directories that are supposed to be writable -- cache, templates_c, and uploads.

IUSR_(servername) - Modify
IIS_WPG - Modify
Users - Modify

After I changed the perms to all three folders, the login page came up. The strange thing is that after a successful login, I removed the 'modify' perms for IIS_WPG and Users, and the site still works.

I will look into this some more. I will update this post if I find that you do not need all those permissions for a successful install.

On to installing modules!

McNaz
Re: Blank Page on clean install -- already read the FAQ and Forum
  • 2006/7/30 16:49

• McNaz

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/4/21

Quote:
Win2003 Standard
IIS 6

This must be the problem .

You definitely have a PHP/IIS configuration issue. I would recommend downloading and installing EasyPHP1.8, which includes Apache, mySQL and PHP.

Never fails to run for me and saves me arsing about with IIS.

Hope this help.

Cheers.

McNaz.

Login

Who's Online

413 user(s) are online (57 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 413

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits