SirDoofAlot
Putting a regular block on font page
  • 2006/7/24 0:08

• SirDoofAlot

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/7/12

Alright, i've been playing around with XOOPS for about a week now, and I absolutely LOVE it.. But I can't get one thing to work. Is there a way to just put a regular block on the front page?.. I know you can put modules up, but I can't find a way to put a block up. Am I just overlooking something?.. lol

If not a way to do that, is there just a module that i can use to custom make blocks? Thanks for the help!

tcnet
Re: Putting a regular block on font page
  • 2006/7/24 3:31

• tcnet

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2006/5/12

Hi,
In 2.0.14 goto System admin/blocks.
Scroll to the the bottom of the page and look for "Add a new block". You can write custom blocks in XOOPS Code, html or php. You can assign which pages to display the custom block and which groups have permission to view it.

SirDoofAlot
  • 2006/7/26 21:43

• SirDoofAlot

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/7/12

Sorry, I should have made myself clearer.. Is there a way I can do this so even anonymous users can see it? Thanks in advance! :)

tcnet
  • 2006/7/26 23:31

• tcnet

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2006/5/12

In 2.0.14 the custom block can be assigned to the Anonymous group in the control panel/system admin/groups page. Look for Edit Group and select Modify Anonymous Users. The Modify Group form will open. Look under Block Access Rights for Your Custom Block Title and check the box next to it.

Webmasters and registered users automatically have access to custom blocks.

Login

Who's Online

112 user(s) are online (58 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 112

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits