tonycharman
Not able to Modify Groups - Access Denied

Hi, I have a fairly new installation which I am trying to get up and running.

The main problem is not being able to modify Groups at: CP / System Admin / Edit Groups
I have Webmasters, Registered Users and Anon Users all listed and each with a Modify link - however clicking on that link comes back with Access Denied.

Here are the errors and Queries:

Groups Main »» Modify Group

Access Denied
All errors (6) queries (10) blocks (0) extra (0) timers (3)
Errors
Notice: Only variables should be assigned by reference in file /modules/system/admin/groups/groups.php line 92

Notice: Only variables should be assigned by reference in file /modules/system/admin/groups/groups.php line 96

Notice: Only variables should be assigned by reference in file /modules/system/admin/groups/groups.php line 97

Notice: Only variables should be assigned by reference in file /modules/system/admin/groups/groups.php line 100

Notice: Only variables should be assigned by reference in file /modules/system/admin/groups/groups.php line 111

Notice: Undefined variable: xoopsUser in file /modules/system/admin/comments/xoops_version.php line 33

Queries
SELECT * FROM xoops_config WHERE (conf_modid = '0' AND conf_catid = '1') ORDER BY conf_order ASC
SELECT sess_data FROM xoops_session WHERE sess_id = '7f5fde6bc2565b08614cd5eab1fd7d13'
SELECT * FROM xoops_users WHERE uid=1
SELECT * FROM xoops_modules WHERE dirname = 'system'
SELECT * FROM xoops_group_permission WHERE (gperm_name = 'module_admin' AND gperm_modid = '1' AND (gperm_groupid = '1' OR gperm_groupid = '2'))
SELECT * FROM xoops_groups WHERE groupid=1
SELECT * FROM xoops_group_permission WHERE (gperm_name = 'module_admin' AND gperm_modid = '1' AND gperm_groupid = '1')
SELECT * FROM xoops_group_permission WHERE (gperm_name = 'module_read' AND gperm_modid = '1' AND gperm_groupid = '1')
SELECT * FROM xoops_group_permission WHERE (gperm_name = 'block_read' AND gperm_modid = '1' AND gperm_groupid = '1')
SELECT * FROM xoops_group_permission WHERE (gperm_name = 'system_admin' AND gperm_modid = '1' AND gperm_groupid = '1')

tonycharman
Re: Not able to Modify Groups - Access Denied

I know it has been the weekend, but I am pretty keen to get going on this.

Is it likely that this is an installation problem which would be fixed by a re-install?

Is there someone I could talk to online about the various possibilities? Hope to hear from someone soon

tonycharman

I have taken the plunge and re-installed. I now have access to the Groups.

Many thanks to everyone for their input (Sorry I'm not usually a sarcy person)!

tonycharman

Just to clean this thread up, I believe the cause of the messy install was my version of Cuteftp Pro.

I was using Version 7.1 and had previously encountered a very annoying bug that swopped over filename names when uploading. So onefile.php and twofile.php would appear to be uploaded correctly but onefile.php was in fact twofile.php and vice versa.

Installing Version 7.2 (which documents the above problem in the changelog) seems to give me an ftp client that now works.

Login

Who's Online

233 user(s) are online (145 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 233

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits