kikolobo
From 2.2.X to 2.0.14 user table, and 2.0.14 future question
  • 2006/7/24 0:17

• kikolobo

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/2/24

I want to migratemy site from 2.2.x to a 2.0.14... I am ready to loose everything except user groups and user registrations.

Are the user database tables o 2.2.x compatible with 2.0.14?

I don't mind too much about the groups unless they are required for working in the new system.

Also am i doing the right thing on moving from 2.2.X to 2.0.14 to guarantee compability in the future and upgradability in the future? I heard 2.2.X is not going to be developed anymore.. Correct?

THANKS A LOT!
Any clue would be trully appreacited.

jdseymour
Re: From 2.2.X to 2.0.14 user table, and 2.0.14 future question

No the user table of 2.2 is not compatible with 2.0.14. This is because most of the users information was moved to the profile module in XOOPS 2.2.

There is a downgrade script available, however if you are happy with the way your XOOPS is running I would advise to stay with XOOPS 2.2. Security fixes will still be released up until the two trees merge back to one stable release.

The recent upgrades for the 2.0 version of XOOPS are to mainly close the gap in features between the two versions of XOOPS. XOOPS 2.0 and 2.2 will upgrade to the same version ( I have heard maybe 2.3 the merge will complete, but I have also heard it will not happen until XOOPS 2.4).

If you do decide to downgrade make sure you make a complete backup of your site first (best idea is to test a restore on a test site before making any changes). The downgrade script may cause data loss.

Login

Who's Online

130 user(s) are online (82 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 130

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits