kikolobo
USERMANAGEMENT (Extended Profiles) & Xoops 2.0.X
  • 2006/7/23 12:00

• kikolobo

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/2/24

I used to have Version 2.2.X installed, i am making a new site, and i decided to go with 2.0.X to conserve compability... The issue i have is that i don't see a UserManagement or extended profiles module, i need to add a couple of fields to the users profile uppon registration.....

I can't find a module like this, it seems like it is a core module of 2.2.X so i guess i am screwed...

Do you have a solution i can use?

PLEASE HELP!

Daigoro
Re: USERMANAGEMENT (Extended Profiles) & Xoops 2.0.X
  • 2006/7/23 12:12

• Daigoro

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/7/3 2

The Photo & Profile hack may be of use to you.

It adds many new fields, to the user profile. But you can use the fields for your own purpus, simply by renaming them. And you can disable the ones you don't want.

I've added a few hacks to it, which you can see in the comments of that site.

With the right tempelate, you could have a user profile like this. I've hidden 20 fields for registreted users only - please do *not* try to register to see it.
Best regards,
Daigoro

kikolobo
  • 2006/7/23 12:15

• kikolobo

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/2/24

Thanks will give it a try, but being a hack makes me nervouse cause upgrades will be difficult... What is your experience with this?

Daigoro
  • 2006/7/23 12:41

• Daigoro

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/7/3 2

You will need to re-hack every new version of XOOPS - or wait for others to do it for you.

The changes are not complicated, and they are clearly marked in the files, so you should have no problem doing it.

You might want to compare the original 2.0.14 files with the ones from this hack - just so that you can see the changes for yourself. (The compare files function in Total Commander is exceptional for this purpus!)
Best regards,
Daigoro

Login

Who's Online

113 user(s) are online (61 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 113

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits