MKayZ
replicate user tables accross multiple xoops sites
  • 2006/7/20 2:57

• MKayZ

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/5/17

Hey guys,

I am currently developing a cluster of XOOPS sites, each using a different language, with same modules used in all but the contents are the same but obiously in different languages.

Here is the problem I have come across and could use some advise or suggestions.

Just say, there is one site that is used mainly, which is expected to have the most active users, I replicate the user tables for this site and use them for the others, doing this via MySQL is possiable, but the problem would be that if users register on the other sub sites, it will not be replicated back to the main database.

See the problem i am facing, I have no idea how I can go about solving this problem, do you think its possiable to even do such a thing with xoops?

I was thinking maybe make all the register pages refer back to the main site, have them registered there and then the users should be replicated back to sub sites, but, this would mean the user will be passed from site to site and I dont think that is good and also, the languge will be that on the main site, which is not what is wanted...

Is there a way to put the user tables in a seperate database altogether, so all the sites refer to that single database for users only, if so, what php files need to be edited to do so? if its even possiable

any suggestions comments welcome.

thanks for reading,

MKayZ

davidthomas1
Re: replicate user tables accross multiple xoops sites

MySQL allows database replication, updating linked databases on the fly. That should solve your problem.

Have a look here:

http://www.howtoforge.com/mysql_database_replication

There may be other ways too, have a look on Google:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=mySQL+database+replication
みんなちがってみんないい。

XOOPS 2.0.13.2

MKayZ
  • 2006/7/20 4:32

• MKayZ

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/5/17

Thanks for your reply, but that is not exactly what I need, let me explain in more detail...

I have various sites.

Site A | Site B | Site C | Site D

Site A is the main site, inwhich I expect most of the users to reside, i can replicate the user tables to sites b c d, but the problem is what is the user registers at either b c or d? it will not be reflected back to A since site b c and d are slave databases and site A is the master.

Does that make any sense? :S

many thanks

gtop00
  • 2006/7/20 22:42

• gtop00

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/11/13

You can stop the registration for new users for the Sites B, C & D and make a custom block with a link to Site A for registration.

For XOOPS 2.2.x: Admin >> Preferences >> Profile >> Preferences Main >> General Settings: Allow new user registration? Set to NO

For XOOPS 2.0.x: Admin >> System Admin >> Preferences >> User Info Settings >> Allow new user registration? Set to NO

Login

Who's Online

111 user(s) are online (69 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 111

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits