Dr_of_DOOM
newbb question
  • 2006/7/14 21:32

• Dr_of_DOOM

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/7/14

just for gits and shiggles, i installed newbb just to see what it is all about now that i understand how to upload new modules.
This forum module may be exactly what I wanted in the first place, i mentioned in a previous post about using another forum software.
install was no problem, but when i click on the newbb link to go to the forum i get this below the footer.

Warning [PHP]: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in file /home/content//html/xoops/html/modules/newbb/index.php line 90
Warning [PHP]: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in file /home/content/
Notice [PHP]: Undefined variable: category_array in file /home/content//html/xoops/html/modules/newbb/index.php line 158
Warning [PHP]: array_multisort(): Argument #1 is expected to be an array or a sort flag in file /home/content//html/xoops/html/modules/newbb/index.php line 158
Notice [PHP]: Undefined variable: category_array in file /home/content//html/xoops/html/modules/newbb/index.php line 160
Notice [PHP]: Undefined variable: display in file /home/content//html/xoops/html/modules/newbb/index.php line 161

so therefore, the forum doesnt work properly, inability to post etc.

what needs to be done???
thought about doing a complete uninstall of the entire XOOPS system and starting over.
or is that too hardcore.
thanks

javelin
Re: newbb question
  • 2006/7/14 21:42

• javelin

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/3/11

It looks like all you have there is warnings and notices and god knows I've got lots of them on my site

There appears to be no real stopper but I'm no techy so am more than willing to be told to shut up

Anyway are you sure the forum is not working?

You say that you can't post but you didn't say that you had checked the permissions especially in the forum pref's.

If not try that and see, if it works turn of the debugging in site prefs.

I might not be very clever but I can lift heavy weights!

Dr_of_DOOM
  • 2006/7/14 22:19

• Dr_of_DOOM

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/7/14

thanks for the thoughts, but nothing is working. tried what you suggested and actually got some fatal error messages in the admin panel. so its got to be a code issue somewhere.
I did put <{$xoops_module_header}> in the theme.html, so thats not it, i dont think. i will re-read the readme.
I must be missing something somewhere, ill keep digging.
thats something im good at.

msdana
  • 2006/7/15 1:09

• msdana

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2005/12/11

You may want to consider upgrading to CBB which has replaced NewBB. The current version for CBB is 3.04. Maybe that will help.
[size=x-small]If God is watching us, the least we can do is be entertaining.[/size]
Graphic Worx : Xoops Themes

Login

Who's Online

127 user(s) are online (74 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 127

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits