missniceness
Changing name of poster in News 1.1

Hello,

I'm using News 1.1 in XOOPS 2.0.7.3. I'm curious as to how you change the displayed name of the poster from the login name to the real name. The database variable is 'name' as oppossed to 'uname'. Normally, I just go right into the html file in the templates_c directory - or the .php file in the module's main directory (so in this case the directory for News) and make changes there. I went into the index.php file for the module and found where it was assigning 'poster' to be 'uname', changed it to 'name' and promptly got a white page when trying to access the site (News displays as the home page). I already have articles written.

This is probably an easy fix. I only need to know the correct file to edit. If not I have to make a change, reload, then revert a lot. Obviously I'm not an expert at PHP/mySQL - I know what the commands mean, but the XOOPS system is pretty massive...

Thanks in advance!

msdana
Re: Changing name of poster in News 1.1
  • 2006/7/9 15:09

• msdana

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2005/12/11

In News 1.44, there is an option to use Real Name in the module preferences. You may want to upgrade to that version.

Also, you may want to consider upgrading your XOOPS version. There have been significant security enhancements since 2.0.7.3.

HTH
[size=x-small]If God is watching us, the least we can do is be entertaining.[/size]
Graphic Worx : Xoops Themes

missniceness
Re: Changing name of poster in News 1.1

Thank you! News 1.44 is a great improvement over 1.1; worlds apart. I'm happy with my current version of XOOPS though. I downloaded 2.0.14 and did not like it at all. Most modules I installed gave errors. One day though...perhaps after I get the site off and running.

Login

Who's Online

230 user(s) are online (127 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 230

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits